TOC: ‘Under the Moons of Mars: New Adventures on Barsoom’ Edited by John Joseph Adams
John Joseph Adams has posted the table of contents for his upcoming anthology Under the Moons of Mars: New Adventures on Barsoom, a tribute to Edgar Rice Burroughs classic series.
Here’s the description:
Readers of all ages have read and loved Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Mars series since the first book, A Princess of Mars, was published in 1912. Fans have marveled at the adventures of John Carter, an Earthman who suddenly finds himself on a strange new world: Mars. Now, in time for the 100th anniversary of that seminal work and the release of a Disney feature film, comes an anthology of original stories featuring John Carter of Mars, in brand new adventures. Collected by veteran anthology editor John Joseph Adams, this anthology features a forward by Tamora Pierce, stories and original art from titans of literature and illustrations such as Peter S. Beagle, Garth Nix, Charles Vess, and many more, plus a glossary of Mars by Richard A. Lupoff.
And here’s the table of contents:
- “The Metal Men of Mars” by Joe R. Lansdale (Illustrated by Gregory Manchess)
- “Three Deaths” by David Barr Kirtley (Illustrated by Charles Vess)
- “The Ape-Man of Mars” by Peter S. Beagle (Illustrated by Jeremy Bastian)
- “A Tinker of Warhoon” by Tobias S. Buckell (Illustrated by Chrissie Zullo)
- “Vengeance of Mars” by Robin Wasserman (Illustrated by Misako Rocks)
- “Woola’s Song” by Theodora Goss (Illlustrated by Joe Sutphin)
- “The River Gods of Mars” by Austin Grossman (Illustrated by Meinert Hansen)
- “The Bronze Man of Mars” by L. E. Modesitt, Jr. (Illustrated by Tom Daly)
- “A Game of Mars” by Genevieve Valentine (Illustrated by Molly Crabapple)
- “Sidekick of Mars” by Garth Nix (Illustrated by Mike Cavallaro)
- “The Ghost of the Superstition Mountains” by Chris Claremont (Illustrated by John Picacio)
- “The Jasoom Project” by S. M. Stirling (Illustrated by Jeff Carlisle)
- “Coming of Age in Barsoom” by Catherynne M. Valente (Illustrated by Michael Wm. Kaluta)
- “The Death Song of Dwar Guntha” by Jonathan Maberry (Illustrated by Daren Bader)
- Foreword by Tamora Pierce
- Introduction by John Joseph Adams
- Appendix: A Barsoomian Gazetteer, or, Who’s Who and What’s What on Mars by Richard A. Lupoff
The anthology is to be published by Simon & Schuster for Young Readers in February 2012 and is now available for pre-order.
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!