Here is what the book is about:
In a sparkling debut, A Discovery of Witches became the “it” book of early 2011, bringing Deborah Harkness into the spotlight and galvanizing fans around the world. In this tale of passion and obsession, Diana Bishop, a young scholar and the descendant of witches, discovers a long-lost and enchanted alchemical manuscript deep in Oxford’s Bodleian Library. Its reappearance summons a fantastical underworld, which she navigates with her leading man, vampire geneticist Matthew Clairmont. Harkness has created a universe to rival those of Anne Rice, Diana Gabaldon, and Elizabeth Kostova, and she adds a scholar’s depth to this riveting story of magic and suspense.
And here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘A Discovery of Witches‘
- In the email, include your mailing address so the book may be shipped as soon as possible. (This giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.)
- Only one entry per person allowed. Duplicate entries will be lost in the Oxford’s Bodleian Library. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give others a chance. Please adhere to the geographical restrictions listed above.
- The giveaway will end Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 (10:00 PM U.S Central time). The winner will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.