Courtesy of 40K Books, SF Signal has 3 eBook sets of Graham Edwards’ String City Mysteries stories (The Wooden Baby and Dead Wolf in a Hat) to give away to 3 lucky readers!
Here is what The Wooden Baby is about:
A distraught woman stumbles out of the rain into the shabby office of a Private Investigator. How could she leave her cottage in Suffolk earlier in the day and find herself in downtown USA?
Meet “the name’s on the door” PI, the hardboiled Gumshoe with a sappy heart who is prepared to take on a case where a baby has seemingly turned into wood. His clients may all enter through the door, but they usually leave with him through one of the many exits he has discovered since he took over the business. Move over Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe. Make way for … Now what is his name?
A story with saving laughters and unusual babies.
And here’s the synopsis for Dead Wolf in a Hat:
A man wearing a hat is shot. He staggers out of the rain into the PI’s office and dies in a gurgle of blood and German words. Just as things couldn’t get worse, the corpse turns into a werewolf. Our Gumshoe, somewhat of a www expert, has trouble identifying his pack. It’s going to take a visit to the Search Engine to crack the mystery.
But at what cost?
Along with more bullets comes the killer. She needs his help. He needs her like a hole in the head. But they go way back and our sappy PI finds himself sucked into a vortex of time, titans and trouble.
A story with foreign languages and a number of bullets.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘The String City Mysteries‘
- In the email, tell us which eBook format you prefer (epub or mobi).
- Anyone may enter, but please, only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be lost in the vortex of time.
- The giveaway will end Tuesday, January 19th, 2012 (09:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.