Interviews and Profiles
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing interviews Edge Books (podcast).
- Rocket Kapre (Paolo Chikiamco) interviews Rochita Loenen-Ruiz.
- John Scalzi’s The Big Idea: Stephen Blackmoore.
- New Scientist interviews Stephen Hawking.
- John Joseph Adams is seeking short story recommendations for Epic anthology.
- Event Video: Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson.
- Lightspeed…Forever! Lifetime Subscriptions Now Available.
- Pentagon Scientists Use ‘Time Hole’ to Make Events Disappear.
- GM silk worms make Spider-Man web closer to reality. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- eBook Novella Deal: Kindle Edition of Strata by Stephen Gaskell and Bradley Beaulieu for $0.99.
- Author Events for January 2012.
- Steampunk Events for January 2012.
- Sail to Success, a series of writing seminars on board a luxury cruise liner visiting the Bahamas, features Kevin J. Anderson, Paul Cook, Nancy Kress, Rebecca Moesta, Mike Resnick Jack Skillingstead, Toni Weisskopf and Eleanor Wood.
- Attack the Bloc: Cold War Science Fiction from Behind the Iron Curtain. [via Grady Hendrix]
- The King of Elfland’s Second Cousin reviews The Fantastic: A Structural Approach to a Literary Genre by Tzvetan Todorov.
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing (Bryan Thomas Schmidt) on The Problem With Moral Abiguity In Fiction.
- AMC (John Scalzi) on Previewing 2012’s Science Fiction Film Slate.
- Daily Write (Bryan Thomas Schmidt) on How To Adapt A Well Known Story For Fiction.
- SFWA (Mary Robinette Kowal) on Debut Author Lessons–How to deal with self-promotion and award season.
- Juliette Wade on What your character doesn’t know can hurt him/her (in dialogue and internalization).
- Janice Hardy on I Meant to do That: Three Things Die Hard Can Teach us About Seamless Plotting.
- The Intern on Dinner with Literary Agents.
- Mike Shatzkin on The digital future still is a mystery if you don’t publish “immersive reading”.
- Inkpunks (Steven James Scearce) on I’ve finished writing my first novel. What the hell do I do next?
- Kay Kenyon on This Year No Excuses.
- Kate Elliott on Ways of Struggling with Gender.
- Nancy Kress on Diverse at the Movies.
- John R. Fultz -on Seven Days for Seven Princes: The Inspiration.
- Andrew Liptak on Geek Things of 2011.
- Tangent Online on Recommended Reading List 2011.
- [Congrats to Jay Garmon!]
- Black Gate – Art of the Genre: The 5 Moods of Conan.
- Community‘s “Inspector Spacetime” Poster By Sam Spratt.
- @CoolVibe: “Tron” by Mariano Steiner.
More Fun Stuff