Thanks to everyone who has signed up to participate in the The Lies of Locke Lamora read along. We’re delighted to have you along for the ride! Haven’t signed up yet and want to? Email me at beinganashley (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know that you want to sign up. You’ll receive a confirmation email from me, and then the magic begins…
Have you got your copy of Scott Lynch’s The Lies of Locke Lamora? If not, now is the time to run (that’s right, do not walk) to your local bookstore, library, or electronic retailer of choice. A basic paperback should cost you less than ten bucks.
If you’ve never participated in a “read-along”, here’s a crash course: Your hosts are Dark Cargo, My Awful Reviews, Little Red Reviewer, and me – hosting for SF Signal. I intermittently twitter as @ohthatashley. Finally, the most excellent Dark Cargo Explorer is hosting a “Slow-Along” for those who do not read as fast as the schedule below indicates. So there’s NO reason not to join us!
Because there are a lot of book editions floating around, the reading schedule is based on chapter headings, not page numbers. It works out to about 120-140 pages per week.
Here’s the reading plan:
- Week 1- Read prologue thru end of Interlude called “Locke Stays for Dinner”. Discussion questions go out on March 8, posts go up on Saturday March 10.
- Week 2 – Read Chapter 3 thru end of Interlude called “The Boy who Cried for a Corpse”, Discussion questions go out on March 15 , posts go up on Saturday March 17.
- Week 3 – Read Chapter 5 thru end of Interlude called “The Half Crown War”. Discussion questions go out on March 22, posts go up on Saturday March 24.
- Week 4 – Read Chapter 9 thru Interlude called “Orchids and Assassins”. Discussion questions go out March 29, posts go up on March 31.
- Week 5 – Read chapter 14 thru end of the book. Discussion questions go out April 5th, posts go up April 7th.
Make sense? Hit me with questions in the comments, or, as always, at beinganashley (at) gmail (dot) com. This is going to be a blast!