SF Signal has a galley copy of The Mongoliad — signed by all the authors (Neal Stephenson, Greg Bear, Mark Teppo, E.D. deBirmingham, Joseph Brassey, Erik Bear and Cooper Moo) — to give away to 1 lucky SF Signal reader!
Here’s the description:
The first novel to be released in The Foreworld Saga, The Mongoliad: Book One, is an epic-within-an-epic, taking place in 13th century. In it, a small band of warriors and mystics raise their swords to save Europe from a bloodthirsty Mongol invasion. Inspired by their leader (an elder of an order of warrior monks), they embark on a perilous journey and uncover the history of hidden knowledge and conflict among powerful secret societies that had been shaping world events for millennia.
But the saga reaches the modern world via a circuitous route. In the late 19th century, Sir Richard F. Burton, an expert on exotic languages and historical swordsmanship, is approached by a mysterious group of English martial arts aficionados about translating a collection of long-lost manuscripts. Burton dies before his work is finished, and his efforts were thought lost until recently rediscovered by a team of amateur archaeologists in the ruins of a mansion in Trieste, Italy. From this collection of arcana, the incredible tale of The Mongoliad was recreated.
Full of high adventure, unforgettable characters, and unflinching battle scenes, The Mongoliad ignites a dangerous quest where willpower and blades are tested and the scope of world-building is redefined.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘Mongoliad‘
- In the email, please provide your mailing address so that the book can be mailed as soon as possible. (We share only the winner’s information with the publisher sponsoring the giveaway so that prizes can be mailed. All other address info is purged once the giveaway ends.
- This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S.
- Anyone may enter, but please, only one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be the target of a bloodthirsty Mongol invasion. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give someone else a chance.
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 (09:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.