I can’t say the excitement has died down, but the initial buzz is quiet enough for me to type out a quick note that SF Signal has been nominated in two Hugo categories: Best Fanzine and the Best Fancast. It all very flattering and humbling and we’re quite thrilled.
SF Signal is a group blog and any accolades we receive are the result of a team effort, so I’d like to recognize the individuals who helped contribute to SF Signal last year. It’s a great crew and we’re very lucky to have them.
- John Anealio
- Karen Burnham
- Ashley Crump
- Fabio Fernandes
- Jay Garmon
- Patrick Hester
- Derek Austin Johnson
- Larry Ketchersid
- Fred Kiesche
- Andrew Liptak
- Aidan Moher
- Jeff Patterson
- Jamie Todd Rubin
- Matthew Sanborn Smith
- Lisa Paitz Spindler
- John H. Stevens
- Jessica Strider
- Charles A. Tan
- T.N. Tobias
- Paul Weimer
I’d also like to single out Patrick Hester for his Hercualean efforts in putting the podcast together every week. If we win for Best Fancast, the award will go to him.
It’s true when they say it’s an honor to be nominated. And the competition is fierce! Congrats to our fellow nominees:
- Banana Wings edited by Claire Brialey and Mark Plummer
- The Drink Tank edited by James Bacon and Christopher J Garcia
- File 770 edited by Mike Glyer
- Journey Planet edited by James Bacon, Christopher J Garcia, et al.
- SF Signal edited by John DeNardo
- The Coode Street Podcast, Jonathan Strahan & Gary K. Wolfe
- Galactic Suburbia Podcast, Alisa Krasnostein, Alex Pierce, and Tansy Rayner Roberts (presenters) and Andrew Finch (producer)
- SF Signal Podcast, John DeNardo and JP Frantz, produced by Patrick Hester
- SF Squeecast, Lynne M. Thomas, Seanan McGuire, Paul Cornell, Elizabeth Bear, and Catherynne M. Valente
- StarShipSofa, Tony C. Smith
Finally, thanks to all the voters who voted, our other contributors (guest posters and interviewees), and you, dear readers, who keep returning and sharing.