SF Tidbits for 4/17/12
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Ellen Datlow.
- Books That Go Bump in The Night interviews Helen Lowe.
- World SF Blog interviews Fabio Fernandes.
- Fantasy Matters (Jen Miller) interviews Dana Fredsti.
- Suvudu (Matt Staggs) interviews Dana Fredsti.
- Patrick Rothfuss interviews Mary Robinette Kowal.
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show interviews Sherwood Smith (podcast).
- Firefox news interviews John Shirley.
- Supernatural Underground (Kim Falconer) interviews Malian from Helen Lowe’s The Wall of Night.
- Keith Brooke interviews Eric Brown.
- OregonLive interviews Jay Lake (Written + video).
- Women in SF&F Month: Week in Review, Week 3 Guests, and Giveaway.
- Interns for Prime Books!
- AE: The Canadian Science Fiction Review is the newest addition to the list of SFWA qualified markets.
- Gollancz acquires new Stephen Hunt trilog.
- Kickstarter: Help Alphashock by Sam Best get a cover.
- J.K. Rowling Starts Her Potter Encyclopedia.
- Walter Jon Williams’s Aristoi Now Available as an eBook.
- REMINDER: 50% Off Sale at Night Shade Books – Plus Lifetime Subscription Giveaways.
- Tuesday, April 17th in New York City: Master Cartooning with Gahan Wilson at MoCCA.
- April 24th at the Conference Centre, British Library: Genetic Fictions: Genes and Genre. [via Farah Mendlesohn]
- Rachelle Gardner on Are You in this for the Long Haul?
- Chuck Wendig on Prepping For The Publishing Doomsday.
- Janice Hardy on Prep Work: Ways to be a More Productive Writer, Part 2.
- Bryan Thomas Schmidt on Making Book Crds For Your Book Table to Increase Ebook Sales.
- Juliette Wade on How do you convey nature’s profusion in a secondary world?
- Kat Howard on Be brave enough to make your own monsters.
- Omnivoracious (Susan J. Morris) on Five Steps to Finding Your Voice.
- Inkpunks (John Remy) in Delicious Prose.
- Theodora Goss on Learning to Travel.
- 40kBooks (Angela Slatter) on Short Stories Are about Identifying an Essence.
- A. Lee Martinez on Boned.
- David B. Coe on On Writing: Characters to Love, Characters to Hate.
- Wired.com (Bruce Sterling) on Showtime: Golden Age — Somewhere. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Guardian (Cory Doctorow) on Protecting your Facebook privacy at work isn't just about passwords.
- John Scalzi on DRM On My Books.
- The Night Bazaar (Paul Tobin) on Steamdrunk.
- A Dribble of Ink (Jeff Salyards) on Embedded With the Enemy?
- Functional Nerds (Paul Weimer) reviews Songs of the Earth by Elspeth Cooper.
- Black Gate (John ONeill) on New Treasures: The Library of America’s A Princess of Mars and Tarzan of the Apes.
- The Forbidden Planet International Blog Log on Tarzan, Lord of the Apes, A Princess of Mars: Burroughs’ heroes a century on.
- Topless Robot on 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About Mad Max.
- Barebones e-zine on Batman in the 1970s Part 14: November and December 1971.
- Make Use Of lists 8 Movies Every Geek Should Watch (And Love).
- Snarkerati lists Top 50 Dystopian Movies of All Time.
- Concept ships by Khang Le.
- Concept robot art by Khang Le.
- Marooned Poster Update.
- @ItsArtMag: “Cland_city” by Joseba Alexander.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “Monsters, Inc.” by Bruce Yan.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “Ed Wood” by Dean Martin.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “The Shining” by red-corner.
More Fun Stuff
- Novel Excerpt: Steve Rasnic Tem’s Deadfall Hotel.
- Sword and Podcast #98 – Stop Saying Lady Cave!
- Ellen Datlow’s Full Honorable Mention List for Best Horror of the Year, Volume 4.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!