SF Tidbits for 4/28/12
- Autostraddle interviews Brit Mandelo.
- Nicola Griffith interviews Brit Mandelo.
- Rhizome interviews Jonathan Lethem.
- AboutSF (John Tibbetts) interviews T.E.D. Klein.
- Guardian Books podcast features Dacre Stoker, Elizabeth Miller, Christopher Frayling, Kevin Jackson, Marcus Sedgewick, Kim Newman.
- Disney Picks Up Neil Gaiman’s The Graveyard Book.
- Baen Books Welcomes Tor/Forge to the DRM-free Ebook Fold. [via File 770]
- Leonard Nimoy Welcome Space Shuttle Enterprise to New York (w/ Video). [via David K.M. Klaus]
- Grant Morrison Says Batman Is Gay.
- Disney announces June 5 DVD/Blu-ray Release Date for John Carter.
- As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Karen Heuler (The Made-up Man) & Victor LaValle (The Devil in Silver) Wednesday May 16th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- Tor.com (Jo Walton) on Here’s Some More: Long Series, Novels and Chunks.
- Fantasy Cafe on Women in SF&F Month: Kate Elliott (with Book Giveaway).
- Guardian (Damien Walter) asks Is science fiction literature's first international language?
- The Night Bazaar (Jeff Salyards) on Fantasy Is as Fantasy Does.
- Mike Brotherton on Scientist A-holes.
- The Atlantic Wire on The Ongoing Problem of Race in Y.A.
- The Horn Book asks on What Makes a Good YA Dystopian Novel?
- C.E. Murphy on E-book pricing.
- The New York Review of Books (Jason Epstein) on How Books Will Survive Amazon.
- Businessweek on Amazon vs. Publishers: The Book Battle Continues.
- Carrie Cuinn reviews Tunnel in the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein.
- TIME.com reviews The Raven.
- TIME.com’s Summer 2012 Movie Preview.
- EW on guide to this summer’s geekiest blockbusters.
- Start your novel asks What can Superman teach you about writing?
- The Mary Sue on The Time Neil Gaiman Wrote Fan Fiction.
- Vulture on The Complete Works: Ranking All 62 Stephen King Books.
- Flavorwire on Celebrated Works of Art That Are Basically Fan Fiction.
- Comic Vine asks Why Can't Wonder Woman Have a New Costume?
- New Scientist on Moon mining in science fiction.
- Slate Magazine asks Will Gattaca Come True?. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Book Riot lists 5 Ways to Expand Your Literary Horizons.
- LitReactor lists Disappointing Truths About Five Famous Authors.
- Bloody Disgusting lists Top 10 Horror Comics We Want On Screen.
- This Is Horror lists 10 English Authors That Helped Shape Horror Fiction.
- LitReactor on The Top 10 World-Ending Events In Science Fiction.
- Dark Digital Drawings by Ryohei Hase.
- Retro Futuristic Steampunk Posters – Michael Murdock.
- Surreal Illustrations by NekoKirara.
- Beautiful Concept Art from Game of Thrones.
- Concept spaceship designs by Manuel Gomez.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “Game of Thrones” by Jon E. Allen.
More Fun Stuff
- 50 Page Fridays: George R. R. Martin.
- Joss Whedon: The Complete Companion – Read an excerpt now.
- Infographic: The Marvel Movie Universe Timeline.
- An Infographic Guide to This Summer’s Movies.
- Vintage Photos Turned Into Superhero Ancestor Portraits.
- Smart Pop Books: Win a copy of Fringe Science (ends Sunday, April 29).
- TableTop Episode 2: Settlers of Catan – Gag Reel.
- Behind-the-scenes photos from 60s Batman TV show.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!