Baen has posted the table of contents for the upcoming anthology Going Interstellar edited by Les Johnson & Jack McDevitt (with cover Art by Sam Kennedy):
Essays by space scientists and engineers on the coolest ways and means to get humanity to the stars along with stories by an all-star assortment of talespinners abounding with Hugo and Nebula award winners: Ben Bova, Mike Resnick, Jack McDevitt, Michael Bishop, Sarah A. Hoyt and more.
Some humans may be content staying in one place, but many of us are curious about what’s beyond the next village, the next ocean, the next horizon. Are there others like us out there? How will we reach them?
Wonderful questions. Now get ready for some highly informative and entertaining answers.
And here’s the toc…
- “Choices” by Les Johnson
- “A Country For Old Men” by Ben Bova
- “Antimatter Starships” by Dr. Gregory Matloff
- “Lucy” by Jack Mcdevitt
- “Lesser Beings” by Charles E. Gannon
- “Fusion Starships” by Dr. Gregory Matloff
- “Project Icarus” by Dr. Richard Obousy
- “Design Flaw” by Louise Marley
- “Twenty Lights To ‘the Land Of Snow'” by Michael Bishop
- “Solar And Beamed Energy Sails” by Les Johnson
- “The Big Ship And The Wise Old Owl” by Sarah A. Hoyt
- “Siren Song” by Mike Resnick