New Author Spotlight: Jonathan Howard
New Author Spotlight is a series designed to introduce authors with up to 3 books in the different SF/F subgenres.
Today’s spotlight shines on Jonathan Howard!
His books are:
- Johannes Cabal the Necromancer by Jonathan L. Howard (Anchor)
- Johannes Cabal the Detective by Jonathan L. Howard (Anchor)
- Johannes Cabal: The Fear Institute by Jonathan L. Howard (Headline)
Here’s the cover copy for Johannes Cabal the Necromancer:
A charmingly gothic, fiendishly funny Faustian tale about a brilliant scientist who makes a deal with the Devil, twice.
Johannes Cabal sold his soul years ago in order to learn the laws of necromancy. Now he wants it back. Amused and slightly bored, Satan proposes a little wager: Johannes has to persuade one hundred people to sign over their souls or he will be damned forever. This time for real. Accepting the bargain, Jonathan is given one calendar year and a traveling carnival to complete his task. With little time to waste, Johannes raises a motley crew from the dead and enlists his brother, Horst, a charismatic vampire to help him run his nefarious road show, resulting in mayhem at every turn.
Check out these other books (and film) if you are a fan of demonic deals and circuses:
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (Avon)
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Doubleday Canada)
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Sony Pictures Classics)
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!