WINNERS: 2012 Campbell and Sturgeon Awards
The winners for this year’s Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award (honoring the best short science fiction story published in 2011) and John W. Campbell Memorial Award (honoring the best science fiction novel of 2011) have just been announced. The awards will be presented during the Campbell Conference Awards Banquet, to be held July 5-8, 2012 at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
JOHN W. CAMPBELL MEMORIAL AWARD WINNERS (Tie):
- The Islanders by Christopher Priest (Gollancz)
- The Highest Frontier by Joan Slonczewski (Tor)
THEODORE STURGEON MEMORIAL AWARD WINNER:
- Paul McAuley’s “The Choice” (Asimov’s 2/11)
As per Locus:
- Embassytown by China Miéville (Del Rey) came in third for the Campbell
- Osama by Lavie Tidhar (PS) received an honorable mention
- ”Six Months, Three Days” by Charlie Jane Anders (Tor.com 6/8/11) was runner-up for the Sturgeon
- ”The Paper Menagerie” by Ken Liu (F&SF 3-4/11) came in third
Filed under: Awards
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!