SF Tidbits for 7/9/12
Interviews and Profiles
- Locus interviews Holly Black and Rae Carson.
- The Shirley Jackson Awards interviews Ann VanderMeer, Tim Waggoner, Reggie Oliver.
- The Agony Column recording of SF in SF panel with S. G. Browne and Lev Grossman Moderated by Terry Bisson.
- The New York Times interviews John Scalzi.
- Fantasy Book Critic interviews KJ Parker.
- Arcfinity interviews Liz Jensen (video).
- Aiken Standard interviews T.C. McCarthy.
- Gabriel García Márquez’s writing career ended by dementia.
- PS Publishing to publish mass market paperback line under sister imprint Drugstore Indian.
- Coming January 2013: The Mammoth Book Of Futuristic Romance edited by Trisha Telep.
- Book View Cafe announces the Superlative Publishing Award Medals.
- Ex-reporter says defamation story about Arthur C. Clarke buried because Clarke was a friend of Rupert Murdoch. [via Andrew Porter]
- Paizo announces Paizo Game Space.
- Million Writers Award top ten stories released; public vote now open.
- Horror Writers Association Horror Roundtable 2: Ray Bradbury – an appreciation.
- Book View Cafe (Sherwood Smith) on Stealing, or the communion of ideas.
- Shimmer (Stacey) on Writing Wounded.
- Julia Rios on Tips for Moderating Panels at Conventions.
- Tor.com (Ryan Britt) on I Grok Bob: Five Robert A. Heinlein Novels to Start With.
- Nancy Kress on George RR Martin and Connie Willis.
- Wired.com (Bruce Sterling) on Robotica.
- The Qwillery (Erin Kellison) on It’s the end of the world as we know it.
- Locus Roundtable (Nick Mamatas) on The End of the World, and a Beginning.
- Los Angeles Review of Books (Dwight Allen) on My Stephen King Problem: A Snob’s Notes. (Reactions from
- Jamie Todd Rubin and Matt Cheney.)
- Sonia G Medeiros on Cities that Never Were But May Someday Be.
- The Guardian (Eric Brown) reviews The Testimony by James Smythe, alt.human by Keith Brooke, Armageddon Rag by George R.R. Martin and When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Illustrations by Yigit Koroglu.
- Gallery: Robert McCall’s 2001 Illustrations.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “The Dark Knight” by Dave Hooper.
- @Minimal Movie Posters: “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Maria Kaner.
- @deviantART: “Decendant of Indraugnir” by Sandara.
- [via Illustrations Inspiration]
- @deviantART: “Stardragon” by Sandara. [via Illustrations Inspiration]
- @deviantART: “Biochemical Warrior” by Guangjian Huang.
- @deviantART: “Spirit World” by Guangjian Huang.
- @deviantART: “Young Marsh Drake” by Sandara.
- @deviantART: “Alice – Jabberwocky” by Michael Kutsche.
- @ItsArtMag: “Baroness Frankenstein” by David Gaillet.
- Jaine Fenn on Cover reveal – Downside Girls.
More Fun Stuff
- Exclusive Preview: Elric: The Balance Lost #11.
- SF which has probability theory as its crux.
- Robert A. Heinlein – birthday quiz.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!