In episode 140 of the Hugo Nominated SF Signal Podcast, Timothy C. Ward sits down with Compton Crook Award winning author, T.C. McCarthy about his books and career.
About T.C. McCarthy:
T.C. McCarthy is a critically acclaimed and award winning southern author whose short fiction has appeared in Per Contra: The International Journal of the Arts, Literature and Ideas, in Story Quarterly and in Nature. His debut novel, Germline, and its sequel, Exogene are available worldwide and the final book of the trilogy, Chimera, was released July 31, 2012. In addition to being an author, T.C. is a PhD scientist, a Fulbright Fellow, a Howard Hughes Biomedical Research Scholar, and a winner of the prestigious University of Virginia Award for Undergraduate Research. He can be found on Twitter as @tcmccarthy_ (don’t forget the space), on Facebook, and his website.
About Timothy C. Ward:
Timothy C. Ward is an aspiring Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror writer recently given Honorable Mention in the Writers of the Future contest. The first novel he plans to release, Kaimerus Deception, is described as “Firefly crashes on Avatar and wakes up Twenty Eight Days Later.” While his editor, C.L. Dyck, paints that novel in red ink, he is working on his Deals with the Dead series: zombies, burial mounds and the stewards that influence the scourge of small town Iowa. In between writing, he blogs, reviews books and podcasts with other authors on his AudioTim podcast. He can be found on Twitter as @timothycward, on Facebook, and his website.
- T.C. McCarthy
- T.C. on Twitter
- Timothy C. Ward
- Tim on Twitter
- Tim’s review of Germline and “Sunshine” one of T.C.’s short stories in the Subterrene War universe.
- Nick Mamatas influential editor on Germline, and author of Sensation
- State of Decay by James Knapp
- Anne Groell (George R.R. Martin’s editor, and praised by T.C. for her editorial work on his Subterrene War series)
- Dispatches by Micheal Herr
- Cross of Iron by Willi Heinrich
- Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
- The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- Armor by John Steakley
- Warchild by Karen Lowachee
© 2012 SFSignal.com
Featuring original music by John Anealio
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: email@example.com