TOC: ‘Bloodstones’ Edited by Amanda Pillar
Here’s the book description:
With Bloodstones, Amanda Pillar presents stories themed around myths and legends, in dark, urban fantasy settings. You’ll encounter ancient Greek monsters, like lamia, gorgons and kraken, as well as the Malay toyol and dukun, the Philippino alan, Chinese xiannu, Haitian voodoo, ghosts, Cthulhu, selkies, and others.
The anthology comprises 17 stories by a number of acclaimed and up and coming writers: Dirk Flinthart, Nicole Murphy, Penelope Love, Jenny Blackford, Pete Kempshall, M.D. Curelas, Joanne Anderton, Richard Harland, Christine Morgan, Thoraiya Dyer, Kat Otis, Karen Maric, Dan Rabarts, Alan Baxter, Erin Underwood, Vivian Caethe, and Stephanie Gunn.
Amanda Pillar has edited a number of notable anthologies for both Ticonderoga and Morrigan Books, including Voices (with Mark S. Deniz), Grants Pass (with Jennifer Brozek), Scenes from the Second Storey (with Pete Kempshall), The Phantom Queen Awakes (with Mark S. Deniz), Ishtar (with K.V. Taylor), and Damnation and Dames (with Liz Grzyb). Bloodstones is her first solo editing credit.
And here’s the table of contents…
- “Sanaa’s Army” by Joanne Anderton
- “Cephalopoda Obsessia” by Alan Baxter
- “A Moveable Feast” by Jenny Blackford
- “Skin” by Vivian Caethe
- “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes” by MD Curelas
- “Surviving Film” by Thoraiya Dyer
- “The Bull in Winter” by Dirk Flinthart
- “The Skin of the World” by Stephanie Gunn
- “A Mother’s Love” by Richard Harland
- “Dead Inside” by Pete Kempshall
- “A Small Bad Thing” by Penny Love
- “Embracing the Invisible” by Karen Maric
- “Ferreau’s Curse” by Christine Morgan
- “Euryale” by Nicole Murphy
- “And the Dead Shall be Raised Incorruptible” by Kat Otis
- “The Bone Plate” by Dan Rabarts
- “The Foam Born” by Erin Underwood
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!