Here’s the book description, from Joe’s introduction:
This collection gathers together some early work, which I like, and it also contains stories that I think, for one reason or another, missed their audience. There is also newer material that I treasure, some that has never before been gathered under one roof, and there are others written specifically for this volume.
I love this collection. It’s a mixture of nostalgia and maturity, the reworking of others’ work and the discovery of my own voice.
I like to write introductions as a way of inviting you into my house of stories. But now I’ll leave you to it. Just wander from room to room, and take your time. While you’re here, make yourself at home. But please …try not to break the furniture on your way out.
—Joe R. Lansdale
And here’s the table of contents…
- “The Junkyard”
- “The Valley of The Swastika”
- “It Washed Up”
- “Way Down There”
- “A Hard-On for Horror: Low Budget Excitement”
- “Edgar Allan Poe’s Shadow and The Aluminum Chair Factory Collide: One Survivor, Weak in the Knees with Pen and Paper”
- “Once Upon A Time “
- “The Drunken Moon”
- “Christmas Monkey”
- “I Tell You It’s Love “
- “The White Rabbit”
- “Everybody Plays The Fool”
- “Pentecostal Punk Rock”
- “Jiving with Shadows and Dragons and Long Dark Trains”
- “Dirt Devils”