Courtesy of the publisher, SF Signal has 5 sets of books to give away to 5 lucky SF Signal readers! Each winner will receive 2 books by Jack Campbell: the new hardcover novel The Lost Stars: Tarnished Knight and book one of The Lost Fleet Series, Dauntless!
What are they about? Here’s the synopses for both books…
Captain John “Black Jack” Geary’s legendary exploits are known to every schoolchild. Revered for his heroic “last stand” in the early days of the war, he was presumed dead. But a century later, Geary miraculously returns from survival hibernation and reluctantly takes command of the Alliance Fleet as it faces annihilation by the Syndic.
Appalled by the hero-worship around him, Geary is nevertheless a man who will do his duty. And he knows that bringing the stolen Syndic hypernet key safely home is the Alliance’s one chance to win the war. But to do that, Geary will have to live up to the impossibly heroic “Black Jack” legend…The Lost Stars: Tarnished Knight
Jack Campbell’s The Lost Fleet series delivers “military science fiction at its best”* in every action-packed adventure. Now the New York Times bestselling author puts the Alliance fleet’s enemy in the spotlight as the people of the Syndicate Worlds attempt to rebuild their lives after Admiral John “Black Jack” Geary defeated them…
The authority of the Syndicate Worlds’ government is crumbling. Civil war and rebellion are breaking out in many star systems despite the Syndic government’s brutal attempts to suppress disorder. Midway is one of those star systems, and leaders there must decide whether to remain loyal to the old order or fight for something new.
CEO Artur Drakon has been betrayed. The Syndic government failed to protect its citizens from both the Alliance and the alien enigmas. With a cadre of loyal soldiers under his command, Drakon launches a battle for control of the Midway Star System—assisted by an ally he’s unsure he can trust…
CEO Gwen Iceni was exiled to Midway because she wasn’t ruthless enough in the eyes of her superiors. She’s made them regret their assessment by commandeering some of the warships at Midway and attacking the remaining ships still loyal to the Syndicate empire. Iceni declares independence for the Midway Star System on behalf of the people while staying in charge as “President.” But while she controls the mobile fleet, she has no choice but to rely on “General” Drakon’s ground forces to keep the peace planet-side…
If their coup is to succeed, Drakon and Iceni must put their differences aside to prevent the population of Midway from rising up in rebellion against them, to defend Midway against the alien threat of the enigma race—and to ferret out saboteurs determined to reestablish Syndic rule…*Catherine Asaro, Nebula Award–winning author of Carnelians
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘Lost Stars & Dauntless‘
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is only available for U.S. residents.
- In the email, please provide your mailing address so the book can be mailed as soon as possible. (The winning addresses are forwarded to the publisher who will mail it to you. All other address info is purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Only one entry per person please. Duplicate entries will be laughed at by a cadre of loyal soldiers. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give someone else a chance. (You know who you are!)
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, October 10, 2012 (09:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.