Here’s the book description:
#1 New York Times bestseller Philip Pullman retells the world’s best-loved fairy tales on their 200th anniversary
Two centuries ago, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm published the first volume of Children’s and Household Tales. Now Philip Pullman, one of the most accomplished authors of our time, makes us fall in love all over again with the immortal tales of the Brothers Grimm.
Pullman retells his fifty favorites, from much-loved stories like “Cinderella” and “Rumpelstiltskin,” “Rapunzel” and “Hansel and Gretel” to lesser-known treasures like “The Three Snake Leaves,” “Godfather Death” and “The Girl with No Hands.” At the end of each tale he offers a brief personal commentary, opening a window on the sources of the tales, the various forms they’ve taken over the centuries and their everlasting appeal.
Suffused with romance and villainy, danger and wit, the Grimms’ fairy tales have inspired Pullman’s unique creative vision—and his beguiling retellings will draw you back into a world that has long cast a spell on the Western imagination.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm‘
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
- In the email, please provide your mailing address so the books can be mailed as soon as possible. (The winning addresses are forwarded to the publisher who will mail it to you. All other address info is purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Only one entry per person please. Duplicate entries will be handed over to the nearest wicked stepmother. If you’ve won something from us in the past, please give someone else a chance. (You know who you are!)
- The giveaway will end Friday, November 16, 2012 (09:00 PM U.S Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.