TOC: ‘MENIAL: Skilled Labor in Science Fiction ‘ Edited by Kelly Jennings and Shay Darrach
Here’s the book description:
Miner. Harvester. Mechanic. Sanitation Worker. These are not the typical careers of your average science fiction protagonist. Until now.
MENIAL: Skilled Labor in Science Fiction presents seventeen stories about the people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
From the literal guts of a spaceship, to the energy-starved lands of a future Earth, to the inhospitable surfaces of other planets, MENIAL explores the stories of people who understand and maintain the building blocks of civilization. They work hard, live hard, and love hard. They’re not afraid to build the future they want to live in, even knowing the often high human cost of hard labor.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “Diamond in the Rough” by AJ Fitzwater
- “Thirty-Four Dollars” by M. Bennardo
- “A Tale of a Fast Horse” by Sean Jones
- “The Didibug Pin” by Barbara Krasnoff
- “Sarah 87?” by Camille Alexa
- “Carnivores” by A.D. Spencer
- “Urban Renewal” by Andrew C. Releford
- “Storage” by Matthew Cherry
- “Snowball the Rabbit Was Dead” by Angeli Primlani
- “Leviathan” by Jasmine M. Templet
- “All in a Day’s Work” by Margaret M. Gilman
- “The Belt” by Kevin Bennett
- “Far, Far From Land” by Jude-Marie Green
- “Big Steel In The Sky” by Clifford Royal Johns
- “Air Supply” by Sophie Constable
- “The Heart of the Union” by Dany G. Zuwen
- “Ember” by Sabrina Vourvoulias
MENIAL: Skilled Labor in Science Fiction will be available on January 21st, 2013.
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!