Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Tidbits for 12/31/12
- Peter David suffers a stroke. [via Andrew Porter and Patrick Hester]
- Rich Horton Named Reprint Editor at Lightspeed.
- Will Eisener Hall of Fame is now online. [via Robot 6 via Paul Di Filippo]
- Lost Film by ‘Star Wars’ Art Director May Be Released Online.
- Tor UK eBook Of The Month: London Falling by Paul Cornell.
- Grasping for the Wind enters Retirement.
- Locus Roundtable All-Time Short Fiction Results, 2012.
- Athena Andreadis on Hagiography in the SFX Age: Jackson’s Hobbit.
- Crossed Genres (Athena Andreadis) on As Weak as Women’s Magic.
- Book View Cafe Blog (Julianne Lee) on Ten Things I Wish I’d Known.
- L.B. Gale on Tips for Planning your Plot: Frustrate the Reader.
- The Book Smugglers offers guest posts from Kate Elliott, Alexandra Monir and Sarah Rees Brennan.
- The World in the Satin Bag on Teaching American Dystopia: The Reading List.
- SciFi Ideas on Cities of the Future: Highway Cities.
- The Qwillery on 2012 Debut Author Challenge Cover Wars – Cover of the year.
- Forces of Geek on Best of 2012: Part Four.
- Wired.com on The Sword and Sorcery Precursor to Empire Strikes Back.
- Rich Horton on Summary: Lightspeed, 2012.
- io9 on 18 Predictions for the Year 2013 from Science Fiction Stories.
- The OF Blog on Best of 2012: YA/Children's Literature.
- Jim C. Hines on Another Cover Pose.
- SFX on Sci-Fi Quotes Of The Year 2012.
- Creature Spot – New creatures from 2012.
- Creature Spot – Creature designs by Ken Barthelmey.
- “Yes, I bring the cash” by ~Morxx on deviantART.
More Fun Stuff
- Exclusive First Read: A Memory Of Light by Robert Jordan And Brandon Sanderson.
- Excerpt! First chapter of James Smyth’s The Explorer.
- Free Novel Saturday: Star Song by Edward Willett, Chapter 5.
- HTML5 port puts 'Dune II' in your browser.
- Notes from Coode Street #129.
- Frankenstein and the Mermaid. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Pacific Rim posters.
- Doctor Who fan builds a portal crack.
- RC Flying Superman.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!