TOC: ‘Beyond The Sun’ Edited by Bryan Thomas Schmidt
My first foray into crowdfunding via Kickstarter, Beyond The Sun was inspired by “Respite,” a story by Autumn Rachel Dryden published in Intergalactic Medicine Show’s first issue. It was also inspired by memories of my grandmas and I sitting around talking about the stars and NASA and what might be out there, and what it might be like to explore the stars. To my delight, I found that a lot of science fiction writers had similar dreams and experiences and the concept was a hit. Luckily, so did the fans who graciously backed the project.
Beyond The Sun funded successfully on October 17, 2012, 2 months after I launched it. It came in at 95250 words of fiction, 18 stories chosen from 25 submissions by invited writers at all levels.
With great artwork by award-winning artist Mitchell Bentley, picked up by Fairwood Press for publication in July 2013, and edited by myself, Bryan Thomas Schmidt, it gives me great pleasure to present to you today the Table of Contents:
- “Migration” by Nancy Kress
- “The Hanging Judge” by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- “Flipping the Switch” by Jamie Todd Rubin
- “The Bricks of Eta Cassiopeiae” by Brad R. Torgersen
- “The Far Side of the Wilderness” by Alex Shvartsman
- “Respite” by Autumn Rachel Dryden
- “Parker’s Paradise” by Jean Johnson
- “Rumspringa” by Jason Sanford
- “Elsewhere, Within, Elsewhen” by Cat Rambo
- “Inner Sphere Blues” by Simon C. Larter
- “Dust Angels” by Jennifer Brozek
- “Voice of the Martyrs” by Maurice Broaddus
- “One Way Ticket” by Jaleta Clegg
- “The Gambrels of the Sky” by Erin Hoffman
- “Chasing Satellites” by Anthony R. Cardno
- “A Soaring Pillar of Brightness” by Nancy Fulda
- “The Dybbyk of Mazel Tov IV” by Robert Silverberg
- “Observation Post” by Mike Resnick
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!