Here’s the book description:
From Victor Frankenstein to Lex Luthor, from Dr. Moreau to Dr. Doom, readers have long been fascinated by insane plans for world domination and the madmen who devise them. Typically, we see these villains through the eyes of good guys. This anthology, however, explores the world of mad scientists and evil geniuses—from their own wonderfully twisted point of view.
An all-star roster of bestselling authors—including Diana Gabaldon, Daniel Wilson, Austin Grossman, Naomi Novik, and Seanan McGuire…twenty-two great storytellers all told—have produced a fabulous assortment of stories guaranteed to provide readers with hour after hour of high-octane entertainment born of the most megalomaniacal mayhem imaginable.
Everybody loves villains. They’re bad; they always stir the pot; they’re much more fun than the good guys, even if we want to see the good guys win. Their fiendish schemes, maniacal laughter, and limitless ambition are legendary, but what lies behind those crazy eyes and wicked grins? How—and why—do they commit these nefarious deeds? And why are they so set on taking over the world?
If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions, you’re in luck: It’s finally time for the madmen’s side of the story.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “Professor Incognito Apologizes: an Itemized List” by Austin Grossman
- “Father of the Groom” by Harry Turtledove
- “Laughter at the Academy” by Seanan McGuire
- “Letter to the Editor” by David D. Levine
- “Instead of a Loving Heart” by Jeremiah Tolbert
- “The Executor” by Daniel H. Wilson
- “The Angel of Death Has a Business Plan” by Heather Lindsley
- “Homo Perfectus” by David Farland
- “Ancient Equations” by L. A. Banks
- “Rural Singularity” by Alan Dean Foster
- “Captain Justice Saves the Day” by Genevieve Valentine
- “The Mad Scientist’s Daughter” by Theodora Goss
- “The Space Between” by Diana Gabaldon
- “Harry and Marlowe Meet the Founder of the Aetherian Revolution” by Carrie Vaughn
- “Blood and Stardust” by Laird Barron
- “A More Perfect Union” by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.
- “Rocks Fall” by Naomi Novik
- “We Interrupt This Broadcast” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “The Last Dignity of Man” by Marjorie M. Liu
- “Pittsburg Technology” by Jeffrey Ford
- “Mofongo Knows” by Grady Hendrix
- “The Food Taster’s Boy” by Ben Winters
Also be sure to check out the book’s comprehensive website!
Book info as per Amazon US:
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Tor Books; First Edition edition (February 19, 2013)
- ISBN-10: 0765326450
- ISBN-13: 978-0765326454