TOC: ‘Impossible Monsters’ Edited by Kasey Lansdale
Here’s the book description:
The Lansdale name is legendary in the horror field. Now acclaimed musician and actress Kasey Lansdale follows in her father’s footsteps, making her editing debut with this anthology of monstrously innovative stories. The twelve creatures that stalk the pages of Impossible Monsters spring from the twisted imaginations of a dozen of today s most noted authors.
International superstar Neil Gaiman is a storyteller s storyteller, and with ‘Click-Clack the Rattlebag’ he weaves an atmospheric tale that ensures readers will never hear a simple bedtime story the same way again.
In ‘The Glitter of the Crowns,’ New York Times-bestselling author Charlaine Harris, the creator of the Sookie Stackhouse series, turns her attention from vampires to werewolves–but appearances may be deceiving where monsters are concerned.
Mystery legend Anne Perry offers ‘Monster,’ a story that takes the reader from an antiquarian bookstore in Cambridge to the blue seas of the Mediterranean and leaves the reader guessing until the very last page in true whodunit style.
And, of course, this anthology wouldn’t be complete without a contribution from beloved, award-winning author Joe R. Lansdale, who offers the latest adventure of supernatural sleuth Dana Roberts in ‘The Case of the Angry Traveler.’
Including stories by the likes of Al Sarrantonio and David J. Schow, among others, this collection of tales delivers on its promise. Because these monsters are never what the reader expects…
Here’s the table of contents…
- “Blue Amber” by David J. Schow
- “Click-Clack the Rattlelebag” by Neil Gaiman
- “Cavity Creeps” by Cody Goodfellow
- “The Glitter of the Crowns” by Charlaine Harris
- “Doll’s Eyes” by Tim Bryant
- “Bloaters” by Neal Barrett, Jr.
- “Detritus” by Chet Williamson
- “Monster” by Anne Perry
- “Orange Lake” by Al Sarrantonio
- “Nathan” by Selina Rosen
- “Blood Moccasins” by Bradley Denton
- “The Case of the Angry Traveler” by Joe R. Lansdale (A Dana Roberts Novella)
Book info as per Amazon US:
- Hardcover: 204 pages
- Publisher: Subterranean; Deluxe Hardcover edition (July 31, 2013)
- ISBN-10: 1596065052
- ISBN-13: 978-1596065055
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!