TOC: ‘Tales of the Wold Newton Universe’ edited by Win Scott Eckert and Christopher Paul Carey
Here’s the book description:
A collection of Wold Newton-inspired short stories by Farmerphiles, experts, and the Grand Master of SF himself.
The book collects, for the first time ever in one volume, Philip José Farmer’s Wold Newton short stories, and also includes tales by other writers.
The Introduction by Win Scott Eckert (coauthor with Farmer of the Wold Newton novel The Evil in Pemberley House) and Christopher Paul Carey (coauthor with Farmer of the Khokarsa novel The Song of Kwasin) will provide an overview of Farmer’s Wold Newton Family and Mythos. In addition, Eckert and Carey will provide brief introductions to the stories themselves, explaining why each entry is a Wold Newton tale.
Here’s the table of contents…
The Great Detective and Others
- “The Problem of the Sore Bridge–Among Others” by Harry Manders (Philip José Farmer)
- “A Scarletin Study” by Jonathan Swift Somers III (Philip José Farmer)
- “The Doge Whose Barque Was Worse Than His Bight” by Jonathan Swift Somers III (Philip José Farmer)
- “Skinburn” by Philip José Farmer
- “The Freshman” by Philip José Farmer
- “After King Kong Fell” by Philip José Farmer
Wold Newton Prehistory: The Khokarsa Series
- “Kwasin and the Bear God” by Philip José Farmer and Christopher Paul Carey
Wold Newton Prehistory: John Gribardsun & Time’s Last Gift
- “Into Time’s Abyss” by John Allen Small
- “The Last of the Guaranys” by Octavio Aragão & Carlos Orsi
Wold Newton Origins / Secrets of the Nine
- “The Wild Huntsman” by Win Scott Eckert
Book info as per Amazon US:
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Titan Books (October 8, 2013)
- ISBN-10: 1781163049
- ISBN-13: 978-1781163047
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!