Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Tidbits for 4/8/13
Interviews & Profiles
- Notes from Coode Street interviews Nalo Hopkinson.
- Baen Books interviews Wen Spencer.
- Dagan Books interviews April L’Orange.
- Ottawa Citizen on Robert J. Sawyer.
- SFX interviews Peter Higgins.
- Aethernet Magazine interviews Chris Beckett.
- Darkeva's Dark Delights interviews Glenn Chadbourne.
- Front Towards Gamer interviews Len Peralta and Tom Merritt.
- Congrats to Iain M. Banks in his wedding!
- The 2013 Italia Award Nominees.
- Masks by Edward Willett (writing as E.C. Blake) available for pre-order.
- Now posted: Ansible 309, April 2013.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter tops $4M, becomes highest-funded game to date.
- NASA to get $100 million for asteroid wrangling project, says senator.
- Fantasy Cafe on Women in SF&F Month: Lane Robins.
- The Alternative Typewriter on [Women in Genre, Day 6] Theresa Lucas (SQT) and My First Guest Review.
- The Alternative Typewriter on [Women in Genre, Day 7] Adele Wearing – the Jack of All Trades.
- Cheryl Morgan on Sir Arthur’s Fantasy Women.
- Helen Lowe on Writing Strong Women.
- Diana Pharaoh Francis on The Hobbit.
- Omnivoracious on Why Zombies? A Defense of the Z Word.
- Robert Silverberg on Reflections: “…Not Even Wrong”.
- James Patrick Kelly on On the Net: What Counts.
- Asimov’s (Ed Finn) on Celebrate National Science Fiction Day by Learning to Live in the Future.
- Neal Asher on My Tuppence-Worth on Night Shade Books.
- George R.R. Martin on Roger Ebert.
- Guy Adams on The Joys And Challenges Of Penning A Steampunk Western.
- Ruthless Culture on How to Fix (Discussion of) The Hugo Awards.
- Book Chick City on Debut Author Spotlight: Lindsey Piper “Silent Warrior” (Paranormal Romance).
- The World in the Satin Bag on Retro Nostalgia: Metropolis (1927) and the Torment of Humanity's Dreams.
- Auxiliary Memory on The Defining Science Fiction Books of the 1960s.
- Europa SF on Romanian Science Fiction & Fantasy translated into English.
- Unreality SF on What’s the point of tie-in fiction?
- Unreality SF on Tom Corbett and the forgotten tie-ins.
- Unreality SF on How the novels taught me to love TNG again.
- Amazing Stories on Playing the Short Game: How to Sell Your Short Fiction (Part 12 in series).
- Amazing Stories on The Artful Collector: Why Collecting Art is Such a Hard Job.
- Amazing Stories on The Hugo Triple Play.
- Salon.com on The wonderful world of Warhammer workshops. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Roger Ebert on Thought Experiments: How Propeller-Heads, BNFs, Sercon Geeks, Newbies, Recovering GAFIAtors, and Kids in the Basements Invented the World Wide Web, All Except for the Delivery System. [from 2004, via Andrew Porter]
- Balladeer’s Blog on The Top 12 Deities From Pegana Mythology. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- TechRadar on 10 top gadgets from Iain M Banks' Culture universe.
- Amazing concept art for a new Star Trek animated series.
- Artist Matt Tkocz.
- Steve Burg on deviantART.
More Fun Stuff
- Free Novel Saturday: Star Song, the final two chapters by Edward Willett.
- That's Chaos – Jurassic Park Remix.
- The General Electric Exoskeleton.
- WHo would win? Freddie Mercury on Darth Vader’s shoulders vs. Batman riding an elephant?
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!