TOC: ‘Glitter & Mayhem’ Edited by John Klima, Lynne M. Thomas, and Michael Damian Thomas
Here’s the book description:
Welcome to Glitter & Mayhem, the most glamorous party in the multiverse.
Step behind the velvet rope of these fabulous Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror tales of roller rinks, nightclubs, glam aliens, party monsters, drugs, sex, glitter, and debauchery.
Dance through nightclubs, roller derby with cryptids and aliens, be seduced by otherworldly creatures, and ingest cocktails that will alter your existence forever. Your hosts are the Hugo Award-winning editors John Klima (Electric Velocipede) and Lynne M. Thomas (Apex Magazine), and the Hugo-nominated editor Michael Damian Thomas (Apex Magazine).
Join glittery authors Christopher Barzak (One for Sorrow) and Daryl Gregory (Pandemonium) on the dance floor, drink cocktails with Maria Dahvana Headley (Queen of Kings: A Novel of Cleopatra, the Vampire) and Tim Pratt (Marla Mason series), and skate with Seanan McGuire (InCryptid series), Diana Rowland (Kara Gillian series), and Maurice Broaddus (The Knights of Breton Court series). The fantastic Amber Benson gets the party started with her floor-rattling introduction (Calliope Reaper-Jones series).
And here’s the star-studded table of contents…
- “Sister Twelve: Confessions of a Party Monster” by Christopher Barzak
- “Apex Jump” by David J. Schwartz
- “With Her Hundred Miles to Hell” by Kat Howard
- “Star Dancer” by Jennifer Pelland
- “Of Selkies, Disco Balls, and Anna Plane” by Cat Rambo
- “Sooner Than Gold” by Cory Skerry
- “Subterraneans” by William Shunn & Laura Chavoen
- “The Minotaur Girls” by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- “Unable to Reach You” by Alan DeNiro
- “Such & Such Said to So & So” by Maria Dahvana Headley
- “Revels in the Land of Ice” by Tim Pratt
- “Bess, the Landlord’s Daughter, Goes for Drinks with the Green Girl” by Sofia Samatar
- “Blood and Sequins” by Diana Rowland
- “Two-Minute Warning” by Vylar Kaftan
- “Inside Hides the Monster” by Damien Walters Grintalis
- “Bad Dream Girl” by Seanan McGuire
- “A Hollow Play” by Amal El-Mohtar
- “Just Another Future Song” by Daryl Gregory
- “The Electric Spanking of the War Babies” by Maurice Broaddus & Kyle S. Johnson
- “All That Fairy Tale Crap” by Rachel Swirsky
There is also an Introduction by Amber Benson
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!