Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Link Post for 2013-05-03
Interviews & Profiles
- Waylines interviews Mary Robinette Kowal.
- Waylines interviews Aliette de Bodard.
- 89 Chapters interviews Adam Christopher (audio).
- Guardian video-interviews Terry Pratchett.
- Agony Column Podcast interviews Rick Klaw.
- Tor Books UK interviews Andrew Lane.
- Lytherus interviews Sean Benham.
- A panel video-interview with John Crowley, Doug Headline, Jacques Sadoul, Bernard Werber (French).
- Contact interviews (separately) Samuel R. Delany and Norman Spinrad (from 1970).
- Bloomsbury Acquires New Trilogy By Sarah J. Maas: A Court of Thorns and Roses, a fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast. [via Press Release]
- Steampunk Specs now available as ebook.
- Unburning Alexandria by Paul Levinson now available as ebook.
- Barnes & Noble Introduces 2 For 1 Deal on eBooks.
- George R.R. Martin’s next book will be The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister.
- The Wertzone: Starz moving forwards with adaptation of OUTLANDER.
- Orphan Black to Return for 2nd Season.
- May 3-5, 2013: Portland, OR | H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival and CthulhuCon.
- Friday May 10th @ 8pm, NYC: Kevin Geeks Out About Rip-Off Cinema.
- Saturday 15th June: FUTURA Sci-Fi Convention.
- Thursday, June 27, 2013: June 27 — An Evening with Neil Gaiman | Live Talks Los Angeles.
- Confluence 2013 Cancelled.
- Cheryl Morgan on The Future of Gender Is the Present For Trans* Characters in SciFi Novels.
- Cassandra Clare on writers getting paid to write.
- Holly Black on writers getting paid to write.
- Sarah Rees Brennan on On writers getting paid to write. [via Tansy Rayner Roberts]
- Mur Lafferty on Happy Accident.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on The Business Rusch: Habits.
- Sci-Fi Fan Letter on Small Press Spotlight: Blind Eye Books.
- Whatever on The Big Idea: Delilah S. Dawson.
- Cory Doctorow on Improving Book Publicity in the 21st Century.
- Jack Campbell on his vision of the future and how it affects his stories.
- Auxiliary Memory on The Defining Science Fiction Books of the 1990s.
- Douglas F. Warrick on What the Weird Learned from the Surreal.
- Michael Chabon on Wes Anderson’s Worlds. [via Civilian Reader]
- Jamie Todd Rubin on My Favorite Book: It by Stephen King.
- Bradley P. Beaulieu on Bookmarks!
- The SF Site on Nexus Graphica.
- Darkcargo on Hard SF Lives On!
- SFX on May The Hype Be Not With You.
- Tor.com on Neil Gaiman Can’t Help Creating His Own Universe Inside of Yours.
- Amazing Stories on Crossroads: Tensions between SF/F and Mainstream Literary Fiction.
- Amazing Stories on 5 More Anime and Manga Titles for HBO to Adapt.
- Kirkus Reviews Blog (Patrick Hester) on The Old Ones Were, the Old Ones Are, and the Old Ones Shall Be: The Lovecraft Anthology.
- Book Riot on Your Guide to Summer Movies Based on Books.
- Walyou on 9 Incredible Fan Made Posters for the New Star Wars Film.
- Andrew Bosley Gallery.
- Secret place by Tomasz Strzalkowski.
- Mysterious-Sculpture_2 by Tomasz Strzalkowski.
- Character Design: Steampunk Star Wars – Leia.
- Fantasy Art: Why do they call it Snake Mountain?
- ROBOTS by Steve Jung.
- concept ships by Steve Jung.
- Matt Fox Weird Tales Covers ~ 1944-1950.
More Fun Stuff
- Faeryland: The Secret World of the Hidden Ones (Excerpt) by John Matthews.
- Go Pop, an original online show (in Australia).
- 5Cons- NovaAlbion Episode 1 – So, Why Steampunk?
- Music from Feyd-Rautha. [Thanks, Ben! ]
- The Matrix, retold by Mom.
- Waylines #3 released.
- Sci-Fi London Title Sequence. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Beware the Hairy Mango #154 – “The Skin I’m Not Quite In” by Matthew Sanborn Smith.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!