Interviews & Profiles
- Suvudu interviews Christa Faust.
- Rick Novy interviews Jay Lake.
- Chuck Wendig interviews Patrick Hester.
- Geekosystem interviews Dan Abnett.
- The Qwillery interviews Brian McClellan.
- Omnivoracious interviews Rick Yancy.
- The British Fantasy Society interviews Mike, Linda & Louise Carey.
- Cristina Jurado interviews Steve Redwood.
- Gollancz announces structural reorganization and new roles for Simon Spanton, Gillian Redfearn, and Charlie Panayiotou.
- Now avilable: Tanith Lee’s Space Is Just a Starry Night.
- Obverse Books Acquires License To Sexton Blake From Ipc Media.
- Apex: $5 for 2 Choose Your Own Adventure Zombie Novels.
Events & Event News
- Today! Mass SF/F Signing in San Jose, 5:30 – 7:30! 51 authors!
- May 23-26 in Houston, TX: GALACTICON III: The official Battlestar Galactica Anniversary Celebration.
- June 13, 2013 @ 6:00 pm at Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing: JayFest — Sci-Fi Book Fair & Group Signing!
- As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Sarah Langan & Lawrence C. Connolly on Wednesday June 19th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- September 13-15, 2013: Academic conference about Canadian science fiction at McMaster University, in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Carrie Cuinn on Crime and Television.
- Maggie Furey on The Perils of Prequels.
- Sarah Zettel on You Will Believe a Man Can Walk.
- Susan Palwick on Story behind Mending the Moon.
- Abigail Nussbaum on On the Meeting of Epic Fantasy and Western in Felix Gilman’s Half-Made World Duology.
- Alex Hughes Physics and Thank Yous.
- Charlie Jane Anders on The Central Problem With Steven Moffat’s Doctor Who.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on The Business Rusch: Shifting Sands.
- Harry Connolly on Remo Williams: The (problematic) Adventure Begins.
- Mike Brotherton on It was the best of times (and space)…it was the worst of times (and space)….
- The Cultural Gutter on Ray Harryhausen and Me: A Life of High Adventure and Escapism.
- Innsmouth Free Press on Writing the Mythos: The Great White Space – Adventure Mythos.
- Jamie Todd Rubin reviews The Human Division by John Scalzi.
- Rick Klaw on Nexus Graphica: Once More With Feeling.
- D. Douglas Fratz on The Alienated Critic by Wherein the Virtues of Short Novels and Specialty Publishers Are Extolled
- and a Reluctant Nod Given to ePublishing.
- Missions Unknown on Lost Girl Of The Lake by Joe McKinney and Michael McCarty.
- Sci-Fi Fan Letter reviews Up Against It by M.J. Locke.
- Catherine Rusell on Homeland by Cory Doctorow.
- Kirkus Reviews Blog (Patrick Hester) on At The Mountains of Madness: A Graphic Novel Adaptation.
- Apex on Getting Weird.
- Shimmer on Publishing to Kindle: A Primer.
- Tor.com on The First Onscreen Superman Was a Gorgeous Series of Animated Shorts.
- Tor.com on Jeff Noon and his Cover Art: A Designer’s Perspective.
- Amazing Stories on The Linguistic Wonders of Fez.
- Amazing Stories on Crossroads: The Cores of Literary Fiction and Speculative Fiction.
- Amazing Stories asks What’s Your Type?
- Slate on Star Trek: Science mistakes.
- Slate on Star Trek Into Darkness: Two Trek virgins try to make sense of J.J. Abrams’ new movie. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- LiveScience on The 5 Greatest Scientific Blunders.
- Digital Illustrations by Eduardo Dominguez.
- Klaus Pillon Gallery.
- Awesome Digital Characters by Ashraf Ghori.
- Fantasy Art: The Battle.
More Fun Stuff
- Extract from Sergei Lukyanenko’s The Last Watch.
- Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey explained in 1968 Howard Johnson’s children’s menu.
- Star Trek Enterprise vs. Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Which Ship is Fastest?
- LEGO Retro Robot.
- Beware the Hairy Mango #168 – “Cetacean Creation” by Matthew Sanborn Smith.