SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-06-12
Interviews & Profiles
- The Qwillery interviews Danie Ware.
- This Is Horror interviews Joe Hill.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Ken Liu.
- Lightspeed Magazine interviews Pavel Elagin.
- All Things Urban Fantasy interviews Georgia Mcbride.
- Tyche Book interviews Ed Willett.
- Veritas interviews Lou Antonelli.
- Weightless Books interviews Scott H. Andrews.
- Forthcoming Webchat on Friday 14 June 2013 with Neil Gaiman.
- Simon & Schuster Partners With Shindig on Summer YA Online Event Series.
- BVC Announces Azkhantian Tales by Deborah J. Ross.
- BVC Announces the Jane Madison Series, by Mindy Klasky.
Events & Event News
- June 13, 2013 @ 6:00 pm: JayFest — Sci-Fi Book Fair & Group Signing – Powell’s Books.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013 in NYC: Doctor Who Trivia.
- Saturday, July 13: An Afternoon Reading, Signing and Haircut Party with Author Harlan Ellison. [via Andrew Porter]
- July 28th: SofaCON Tickets on sale NOW! See JP and John slaughter get slaughtered by Geeks Guide to the Galaxy!
- August 2-4, 2013: The Geek Creation Show | Live an awesome geeky life! [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Support the Launch Pad Astronomy Workshop for Science Fiction Authors.
- Morganville: The Web TV Series.
- Madeleine E. Robins on Marginalized =/= Magic.
- Liz Bourke on Sleeps With Monsters: Yes, I’m Talking About SFF Lesbians In Love Again.
- Stina Leicht on I want SF to be that nine-hundred-year-old ax, handed down to future generations, damn it.
- Elizabeth Moon on on Research for Epic Fantasy.
- Kelly Jensen on Female Sexuality in YA Fiction: Exploring the Range of Experiences.
- Chuck Wendig on Challenging Responses To Sexism And Misogyny.
- Ian Sales on Your epic fantasy list smells of elderberries.
- Jonathan Strahan on Editing & Writing.
- A. Lee Martinez says Forget Krypton.
- James Marshall on Zombie Versus Fairy Featuring Albinos.
- Jayme Lynn Blaschke on A brief word about the latest SFWA tempest.
- Patrick Hester on I still can’t bring myself to buy Star Trek DVD’s.
- Nick Mamatas on Holy Signifier, Batman!.
- David Barnett on Wow. So people can be writers.
- Gary Gibson asks Future Thinking: Will Current Technology Eclipse Science Fiction?
- Tobias Buckell on Royalties and hardcovers and books, oh my!
- Jason Sizemore on Sinister and stone cold horror.
- Ad Astra on James Gunn and the Foundations of Academic Science Fiction Criticism.
- Jean Asselin says Let’s put SF back into its own Hugo and Nebula Awards,
- Whatever on The Big Idea: Jim Ottaviani.
- Joe Hill on Neil Gaiman’s The Ocean at the End of the Lane.
- Paul Di Filippo on Old World Magic in Old New York.
- Adam Roberts on James Smythe, The Machine (2013).
- Adam Roberts on Frank Swain, How To Make A Zombie (2013).
- Sci-Fi Fan Letter on Gameboard of the Gods by Rachel Mead.
- Meinos Kaen on Children of the New Era.
- My Bookish Ways on Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn.
- Tor.com on The Secret History of Scientifiction: The New Accelerator.
- Amazing Stories (Matt Mitrovich) asks Why are we afraid of monsters?
- Patrick Rothfuss on Name of the Wind Kickstarter: Final Days and the Coolest. News. Ever.
- Cover Reveal: Mira Grant’s How Green This Land, How Blue This Sea.
- The Digital Art of Dan Luvisi.
- Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Jurassic Park With an Online Art Exhibit.
- Deviant Focus: Capturing the romance of space exploration.
- The hunt by Jose Peña.
- hellspawn by BBarends.
- The Flows of Cosmos by shue13.
- ‘Flash Gordon’ Pixar Style by Phil Postma.
More Fun Stuff
- Speculative Fiction Writing Wroundup for 6/11/2013.
- Excerpt: How Green This Land, How Blue This Sea by Mira Grant.
- Neptune’s Brood (Excerpt) by Charles Stross.
- The Year of the Storm by John Mantooth.
- Sword & Laser Podcast #132 – Get out the vote!
- StarShipSofa #293 features fiction by Dan Rabarts and Grant Stone.
- Scott Westerfeld’s Uglies finally gets Trailer.
- Travel via Vacuum Tube, 1825: Tigwissel Tuesdays # 47. [via Paul Di Filippo]
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!