The Horror Writers Association announces the winners of the 2012 Bram Stoker Awards at the World Horror Convention this weekened. The winners are:
- Superior Achievement in a NOVEL: The Drowning Girl by Caitlín R. Kiernan (Roc)
- Superior Achievement in a FIRST NOVEL: Life Rage by L.L. Soares (Nightscape Press)
- Superior Achievement in a YOUNG ADULT NOVEL: Flesh & Bone by Jonathan Maberry (Simon & Schuster)
- Superior Achievement in a GRAPHIC NOVEL: Witch Hunts: A Graphic History of the Burning Times by Rocky Wood and Lisa Morton (McFarland and Co., Inc.)
- Superior Achievement in LONG FICTION: The Blue Heron by Gene O’Neill (Dark Regions Press)
- Superior Achievement in SHORT FICTION: Magdala Amygdala? by Lucy Snyder (Dark Faith: Invocations, Apex Book Company)
- Superior Achievement in a SCREENPLAY: The Cabin in the Woods by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard (Mutant Enemy Productions, Lionsgate)
- Superior Achievement in an ANTHOLOGY: Shadow Show edited by Mort Castle and Sam Weller (HarperCollins)
- Superior Achievement in a FICTION COLLECTION (tie):
- New Moon on the Water by Mort Castle (Dark Regions Press)
- Black Dahlia and White Rose: Stories by Joyce Carol Oates (Ecco Press)
- Superior Achievement in NON-FICTION: Trick or Treat: A History of Halloween by Lisa Morton (Reaktion Books)
- Superior Achievement in a POETRY COLLECTIONL Vampires, Zombies & Wanton Souls by Marge Simon (Elektrik Milk Bath Press)
Also: HWA presented its annual Lifetime Achievement Awards and its Specialty Press Awards. Robert R. McCammon was on hand to accept his Lifetime Achievement Award, and Mark Miller accepted on behalf of Lifetime Achievement Award winner Clive Barker. The Specialty Press Award went to Jerad Walters of Centipede Press.
Congrats to all the winners!