SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-08-08
Interviews & Profiles
- Are ‘Elysium’ and ‘Avatar’ Connected? Watch Matt Damon Discuss the Theory
- Europa Report director explains how he put the science back in science fiction video games
- The Canadian Tribute offers this interview with Oblivion director Joseph Kosinski
- The Firefly cast talks about best moments at the recent Fandomfest con in Kentucky.
- Glenn Close makes a refreshingly candid admission about Guardians role: “I’m doing that because it will then afford me to go do the other kind of movies that I really love, and hopefully I will have a great time [on Guardians of the Galaxy]. It’ll be a new experience for me, but practically speaking it will mean that I can do those smaller movies and it’ll be okay.”
- Harper Voyager asks Jo Spurrier of Black Sun Light My Way ten questions.
- Mark Lawrence discusses his latest fantasy release, Emperor of Thorns with Suvudu and Soletron.
- Reddit AMA with Michael J. Sullivan of the The Riyria Revelations
- SFFWorld interviews Keira Michelle Telford, author of the Silver Series, which begins with Acheron.
- Tor UK offers this quick Q&A with Exit Kingdom author Alden Bell who popped onto our radar with the release of the young adult zombie novel Reapers Are The Angels.
- Welcome to ‘The World’s End’: a conversation with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost. The creators of ‘Shaun of the Dead’ and ‘Hot Fuzz’ talk genre, trilogies, and The Sisters of Mercy
- Marvel Has Eight Years of Movies Planned
- Online Retail Now Accounts for Nearly Half All U.S. Book Sales
- 5 Serious Social Issues Buffy The Vampire Slayer Tackled Head-On
- 10 Comic Book Movies That Completely Ignored The Source
- 10 Shocking Comic Book Hook-Ups
- 14 fantastic foreign sci-fi movies you really need to see
- 20 Science Fiction Moments That Will Make Absolutely Anyone Cry
- 26 Tips for Researching Victorian Set Steampunk from Gail Corriger.
- Aubrey Rose explains why “I Just Turned Down a Publishing Deal with Amazon“
- Authors Taking More Active Role Picking Audio Book Narrators
- Book Formatting Tips Going from Print Book to eBook
- A Complete History of the Sequel Trilogy: Star Wars Episodes VII, VIII, and IX
- Doctor Who: 5 things we want from Peter Capaldi
- Freya Robertson encourages writers, Thinking of Self-Publishing? Go for it!
- Game Of Thrones: 10 Bizarre Fan Theories You Won’t Believe
- Great game, but how am I supposed to see through all these tears? Top 10 Tearjerkers in Games
- Michael J. Sullivan discusses Prequels, because doing things “the right way” is too darn easy.
- ‘Pacific Rim’, ‘The Lone Ranger‘, And The Necessary Evil Of 3D
- Things They Don’t Tell You When You’re Learning to Write
- Video Game Movies: What Makes Them Fail So Hard?
- What You Really Want to Know About Self Publishing
- When Capes Clash: The 10 Best Superhero Rivalries
Science & Technology
- 10 Sci-Fi Hacks That Are Now a Reality
- Artificial Superintelligence: A Futuristic Approach
- Could robots ever take over the world?
- Harvard scientists create ‘telepathic’ link between human and rat brains
- How 3-D Printing Body Parts Will Revolutionize Medicine
- The Inventor Of The Robotic Snake Doesn’t Want You To Think Of His Creation As A Robot.
- Japan’s one small step for robots, one giant leap for robot-kind: Japan launched a talking humanoid robot astronaut into space on Sunday. The robot, modeled off the anime character Astroboy, is an experiment in the emotional comfort robots can provide humans.
- Sci-fi tech here sans future that was to be
- Airship Enterprise by Brian Denham
- Audi reveals science fiction car for Ender’s Game [Video]
- Category VI by Bastien Grivet
- To help get us ready for Elysium coming to theaters this week, CinemaSins has released a new video that points out “Everything Wrong With District 9 In 3 Minutes Or Less.”
- This spoiler-filled Periodic Table of Thrones will help you keep track of which characters have sadly shuffled off the mortal coil of Westeros (or shuffled off their heads) through A Dance With Dragons.
- Section C by G G
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!