Courtesy of Bluemoose Books, SF Signal has 5 copies of the Nod by Adrian Barnes to give away to 5 lucky SF Signal readers! Nod was a finalist for the 2013 Arthur C. Clarke Award.
Here’s the book description:
Dawn breaks over Vancouver and no-one in the world has slept the night before, or almost no-one. A few people, perhaps one in ten thousand can still sleep, and they’ve all shared the same strange, golden dream. A handful of children still sleep as well, but what they’re dreaming remains a mystery. After six days of absolute sleep deprivation, psychosis will set in. After four weeks, the body will die. In the interim, panic ensues and a bizarre new world arises in which those previously on the fringes of society take the lead. One couple experience a lifetime in a week as he continues to sleep, she begins to disintegrate before him, and the new world swallows the old one whole. NOD.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘Nod‘
- In the email, please provide your mailing address so the books can be mailed as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize and, like all other address info, will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: None.
- The giveaway will end Friday, September 27th, 2013 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.