SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-09-10
Interviews & Profiles
- Thebookbandit interviews Laura Lam.
- Lytherus interviews Holly Black (video).
- The David Gemmell Legend Awards interviews Helen Lowe.
- Book View Cafe Blog interviews Phyllis Irene Radford.
- My Bookish Ways interviews Christopher Golden.
- Geek Planet Online interviews Jason M Hough.
- Omnivoracious interviews Jonathan Lethem.
- Reading & Writing podcast interviews Richard Ellis Preston Jr..
- Publishing Perspectives interviews Hugh Howey.
- Diabolical Plots interviews Mike Resnick.
- Coffee With Kenobi interviews John Jackson Miller.
- ScienceFiction interviews Peter David (video).
- SFWA MG and YA Group: Now open to all members.
- Margaret Atwood and Howard Jacobsen to write contemporary versions of Shakespeare’s plays. Bill Crider.
- Hemlock Grove writers adapt The Island Of Dr Moreau.
Events & Event News
- Loncon 3 Attending Membership Rates Increase on October 1, 2013.
- Over 80 Authors to Participate at MileHiCon 45, the Largest Science Fiction/Fantasy Literary Convention in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2013: NY Review of SF Readings: Richard Bowes & Michael Swanwick.
- September 12, 2013: Longevity of Human Civilization Symposium with Stanley Robinson.
- September 12th – 15th at Artist Gallery, Holburn Street, Aberdeen: Festival in the Shire Tolkien Event.
- Mary Robinette Kowal on On the question of my novelette “Lady Astronaut of Mars” and the Hugo ballot.
- Freya Robertson on ARCs and Hyperventilation.
- Renay on You Got Your Industry in my Fanwork.
- Kate Kelly on climate change.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on Free Fiction Monday: Safety Tests.
- Jim C. Hines on Diversity in SFF.
- Joe Lansdale on the Stories that Inspired The Thicket. [via Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine]
- David Towsey on Faith in Fiction.
- My Bookish Ways looks at Stormdancer and Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff.
- Patrick Hester on The Hugo Award-winning Saga.
- Joseph Mallozzi reviews reviews The Guyver.
- Freya Robertson on Monday’s Recommended Read – Aldiss’s Non-Stop.
- The Little Red Reviewer on the best gift you can give a book lover.
- Black Gate on (Not) Recommending SF&F Classics to the Young Person or Novice.
- Big Think on Ten Billion Earths.
- The Guardian says It’s time for science fiction to face up to discrimination.
- Shock Till You Drop on The Superheroes of Horror: The Good, The Bad & The Future. [via This Is Horror]
- Policymic on 5 Horror Classics That Will Still Keep You Up At Night. [via This Is Horror]
- SFmag on The Best Horror Movies of Europe in the Seventies.
- Sarah Beth Durst’s on Top Ten Tricks for Fighting Writer’s Block.
- Mother of Dragons by alexnegrea.
- “Crazy” – Robot Character Illustration by David Domingo Jiménez.
- Looking for a Fight.
- The Fiddler: Destroy.
- Illustrations by Qing Han.
- Orbit Books First Looks: Spring/Summer 2014 US Covers.
- John Schoenherr’s Dune Illustrations.
- Discover J.R.R. Tolkien’s Personal Book Cover Designs for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
More Fun Stuff
- Regan Wolfrom’s Speculative Fiction Writing Wroundup for 9/9/2013.
- An Exclusive Look at Catherynne M. Valente’s Next Fairyland Book.
- Book Excerpt: Breathing Space by Brian Aldiss (Part 2).
- Introducing the Red Seas Under Red Skies Read-Along.
- This Art Is Cool: Imagining a Dystopian Sweden Full of Robots and Dinosaurs. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Prof. Wilsons Magneto-Conservative Garments. [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Movievisor.com is a Movie Discovery Engine that lets you find new films easily based on ones you already like.
- Darth Vader. Unicycle. Flames. Bagpipes. ‘Star Wars’ theme.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!