SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-09-18
Interviews & Profiles
- Cristina Jurado interviews Eduardo Vaquerizo of Danza de tinieblas
- The Enchanted Inkpot interview Sarwat Chadda, author of Ash Mistry and the City of Death and the forthcoming Ash Mistry and the World of Darkness.
- The Fantasy Book Addict interviews Adult Paranormal Author Kim Newman of Johnny Alucard.
- The Fantasy Book Addict interviews YA Fantasy Author Miriam Forster of City of a Thousand Dolls.
- “Games are architectures for an emotional experience” – An Interview with Dan Pinchbeck
- KindlePost has an Exclusive Q&A with Brian Wood on Star Wars: In the Shadow of Yavin
- ‘Legend of Korra’ creators, star talk about show’s Eastern morality
- Ken Scholes discusses his Psalms of Isaak series with layers of Thought.
- Mike Davis of Lovecraft eZine has posted this video chat with Ellen Datlow
- My Bookish Ways interviews Michael Farris Smith, author of Rivers.
- Samuel Montgomery-Blinn interviews Emily Croy Barker about her debut novel The Thinking Woman’s Guide to Real Magic, academia vs. Tolkien, trusting your readers, worldbuilding, and how her jobs as an editor and journalist help her as a writer of fiction.
- “Without the imaginary, we can’t function” – In conversation with Neil Gaiman
- After watching the recent episode of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin felt the need to blog these words: “Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros. (I need to do something about that).” Dear god help us.
- Director Peter Jackson has just been awarded New Zealand’s highest honor – Additional Member of the Order of New Zealand, for services to the country.
- iStoryTime Debuts A “Netflix For Ebooks” For Kids
- Progressive group aims to oust Orson Scott Card from new position at UNC
Events & Event News
- The National Book Festival will be held in Washington, DC, September 21-23, 2013
- 9 Sci-Fi Inventions We Wish Were Real
- 9 Women Who Shaped Science Fiction
- The 10 Most Memorable Dungeons & Dragons Monsters
- 10 Rules for Getting the Most Out of Conventions As a Writer
- 23 fiction query letter that actually worked
- 25 facts about The X-Files you might not know
- The Ancient Roots of Punctuation: A Brief History of the Hashtag, and Other Unusual Punctuation
- Book Tour Planning 101
- Bookless Public Library Opens In Texas
- Booklist: Gravity-Defying Comic Book Space Adventures
- Canadian eBook Adoption on the Rise
- Conan Doyle Estate Is Horrified That Public Domain Might Create ‘Multiple Personalities’ Of Holmes
- The Dark Side of Peter Pan
- David Farland’s Daily Kick in the Pants: Focusing the One Thing
- Diversity in ALA’s Best Fiction for Young Adults
- From Oblivion to Elysium, how films are embracing the language of videogames
- GUEST POST & GIVEAWAY: Magic In “The Wall Of Night” World by Helen Lowe
- How Heroic Is Your Homework? On Research In Historical Fantasy
- How Much Do Fantasy Authors Earn?
- In Discussion: Lauren Panepinto on the cover for The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
- Is Tad Williams returning to the world of Memory, Sorrow and Thorn (Osten Ard)? Looks like it.
- Jonathan Franzen on “the internet’s accelerating pauperisation of freelance writers.”
- ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ ready for prime-time action
- The National Book Awards Longlist for Young People’s Literature
- A Nerd is a Geek is a Nerd is a Geek
- Storytelling Ads May Be Journalism’s New Peril
- Test-Driving Oyster, a Netflix for Books
- You And Your Bad Reviews
Science and Technology
- Astronomer Seth Shostak: We’ll find ET by 2037!
- How Robots Can Trick You Into Loving Them
- Netflix Uses Content Pirates to Help With Programming
- No Child Left Untableted
- Cover reveal for Patricia Briggs’ Night Broken
- Dave McKean’s Illustrations for Neil Gaiman’s Smoke and Mirrors
- Marvel And DC Counterparts Come Together as Little Friends
More Fun Stuff
- Dreamspace is an animated cyberpunk comic/adventure-game by artist Cryoclaire (NSFW)
- Honest Trailers does World War Z
- Listen to an excerpt from ‘Doctor Sleep’ by Stephen King
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!