WINNERS: 2013 Chesley Awards
- BEST COVER ILLUSTRATION, PAPERBACK BOOK: John Picacio: The Creative Fire by Brenda Cooper, Pyr, November 2012
- BEST COVER ILLUSTRATION, HARDBACK BOOK: Todd Lockwood: The Wild Road by Jennifer Roberson, DAW, September 2012
- BEST COVER ILLUSTRATION, MAGAZINE: Ken Barthelmey: Clarkesworld #74 November 2012
- BEST INTERIOR ILLUSTRATION: Sam Burley: “Brother. Prince. Snake.” by Cecil Castellucci, Tor.com, July 2012
- BEST MONOCHROME, UNPUBLISHED: Raoul Vitale: “Last of His Kind,” pencil
- BEST COLOR WORK: UNPUBLISHED: Julie Bell: “A Passion for the Future,” oil
- BEST THREE-DIMENSIONAL ART: James Shoop: “Ramautar,” bronze
- BEST GAMING-RELATED ILLUSTRATION: David Palumbo: “Ereshkigal, Death Mistress” (“Legend of the Cryptids”) Applibot Inc., April 2012
- BEST PRODUCT ILLUSTRATION: John Picacio: La Sirena Loteria card 2012
- BEST ART DIRECTOR: Irene Gallo for Tor
- AWARD FOR LIFETIME ARTISTIC ACHIEVEMENT: Brom
The Chesleys are given by the Association of Science Fiction and Fantasy Artists each year. This year’s ceremony took place at the 71st World Science Fiction convention, LoneStarCon 3, in San Antonio, TX, August 29th–September 2nd. Congratulations to all the nominees and winners!
Tagged with: Chesley Award
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!