SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-10-22
Interviews & Profiles
- The List interviews Libby McGugan.
- Reading & Writing podcast interviews Debbie Viguie.
- Civilian Reader interviews Freya Robertson.
- Book View Cafe Blog interviews Shannon Page.
- Jules Sherred interviews John Scalzi.
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews Jeremy Zerfoss.
- Suvudu interviews Eric Smith.
- Publishers Weekly interviews Chip Kidd.
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing interviews Colin F. Barnes.
- Ginger Nuts of Horror interviews Joseph D’Lacey.
- Science Fiction interviews The Cast of ‘Comic Book Men’.
- Anthony R. Cardno interviews Jeremy C. Shipp.
- Short that aired pre-Empire Strikes Back will come to Netflix, iTunes in 2014.
- Call For Reprint Submissions: Mammoth Book of SF Stories by Women.
Events & Event News
- The Philip K. Dick European Science Fiction Film Festival : October 25th-27th, 2013, Lille, France.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2013: NYRSF Reading with Rajan Khanna & Fran Wilde.
- The Radio Theatre Company announces cancellation of The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy Radio Show 2013 Tour.
- Ann Leckie on It’s not a real heart, it’s a real artificial heart.
- Lauren Panepinto on The Making of a Cover: Interior Maps .
- Morgana Santilli on Ooky Spooky Animanga Part V: The Japanese Fascination with Spirits.
- Me Deeply in My Early Teens.
- Philippa Ballantine on Story Behind The Shifted World.
- K.B. Laugheed on Why We Need Stories.
- Howard Andrew Jones on Vance, Robert E. Howard, and the Role of Women.
- Rob Reid on Why my first novel will only cost you $0.99.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts on The Power of Threes [WHO-50—2012].
- Max Gladstone on Star Wars: A Long Time Ago, in a Hive Far Far Away?
- Michael A. Burstein on We Find the One Quite Adequate.
- Michael Swanwick on The Easy Way To Win A Major Science Fiction Award.
- Patrick Hester has a MileHiCon Wrapup.
- Mike Resnick and Barry Malzberg on Influences (good).
- Nicholas Kaufmann on That Misprint in Dying Is My Business.
- The Guardian on Edgar Allan Poe’s shockingly unsensational storytelling.
- The New Yorker on What Stephen King Isn’t. [via This Is Horror]
- LitReactor on Founder of Book Genome Project Calls Self-Publishing A Literary “Darknet”.
- 2001italia on 2001: The aliens that almost were.
- Film School Rejects asks Could We Ever Truly Contain ‘The Thing’?.
- Spectacular Optical on A History Of British Folk Horror. [via The Cultural Gutter]
- Mulholland Books asks you to Fund a New Novella by Joe R. Lansdale. [via Bill Crider's Pop Culture Magazine]
- Blastr on 25 scary stories by Stephen King and other great horror writers you can read NOW. [via Bill Crider]
- Little Red Reviewer on Three Days to Never by Tim Powers.
- Foz Meadows on The Roots of Early Love Go Deep: Five Stories Which Affected.
- The Art of Mike Nash.
- Amazing Concept Art by Volkan Yenen.
- Various Conceptual Illustrations by Fabian Schlaga.
- Disturbing Illustrations by Claudio Romo.
- Cover Reveal: BETE by Adam Roberts.
- Awesome Star Wars Character Poster.
- Arnie Fenner on 3D.
More Fun Stuff
- Excerpt from “Outbound” by Brad R. Torgersen.
- 30 Renowned Writers Speaking About God: From Isaac Asimov to Margaret Atwood.
- Infographic shows you how award-winning science fiction is born.
- Superman Meets Orson Welles.
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!