SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-10-28
Interviews & Profiles
- Carolina Book Beat discusses the Pull Down the Night series with author Nathan Kotecki
- Chris Mowry and Jeff Zornow talk about Godzilla: Rulers of Earth
- The Hardest Part: Nathan Kotecki on Pull Down the Night
- I Smell Sheep interviews debut author Matthew Quinn Martin of Nightlife.
- Mark Charan Newton interviews His Editor, Julie Crisp
- My Bookish Ways interviews Jon Skovron, author of Man Made Boy
- Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean: how we made The Sandman
- The Reading and Writing Podcast chats with The Red Knight author Miles Cameron
- Ten Questions with Award-Winning Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Mur Lafferty
- The Verge Book Club Podcast talks Ship Breaker with Paolo Bacigalupi
- Rebooted Hellraiser confirmed by writer Clive Barker
- Open Road Media to Publish Nine Ebooks from Award-winning Science Fiction Author Samuel R. Delany. [via Fred Kiesche]
- ICON Science Fiction, Inc launches Indiegogo campaign to fund 2014 I-CON conventions
- Boston Metaphysical Society – in this Webcomic Mini-Series, an ex-Pinkerton detective and his spirit photographer partner battle supernatural forces in late 1800’s Boston. (More)
- Timothy Zahn’s Parallax – a 4x computer game written by an established sci-fi author! Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate your way across a galaxy of Timothy Zahn’s favorite aliens…
- Review: Barnes and Noble’s The Speculator reviews The Abominable by Dan Simmons
- 25 Reasons I F***ing Love Genre Fiction, according to Chuck Wendig
- 92 Social Media Hashtags for Book Authors
- Amazon Makes Life Easier For Authors of Historical & Literary Fiction
- The AudioBookaneers has posted it’s weekly list of Genre book releases
- Authors Don’t Exist in the Digital Age
- A Book and Its Cover
- Buzzfeed has some arguments as to why Hocus Pocus should be a Broadway musical.
- Does The Ghostbusters Franchise Peak Before The First Film Is Even Over?’
- Dieselpunk for beginners: Welcome to a world where the ’40s never ended
- Everything You Need to Know to Create a Bestselling Book
- For anyone who’s ever played a video game, The Cutting Room Floor might be a worse time-sink than any Wiki or TVTropes. It lists all of the content cut from just about every vidya game series ever. Of note are the Elder Scrolls games, like this item cut from Skyrim: The Windhelm Pit.
- Four Librarians, Four E-readers, Two Years
- Has The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones Forever? Never!
- How Amazon and Goodreads could lose their best readers
- Librarians, Distributors Weigh in on Macmillan Ebook Lending
- Marvel finished their countdown of the top 50 X-Men of all time. #1 is not Wolverine. Discuss.
- Seven Characters necessary for a Star Wars Middle Trilogy
- What are you writing for NaNoWriMo?
- Why Every Author Needs a Google+ Account
- Why is the TARDIS console room so iconic
- Why Successful Authors Are Giving Their Books Away for Free
- The Women and the Thrones – an interesting and thoughtful look at A Song of Ice and Fire
- Your Book Is Not Pepper Spray That You Must Fountain Into My Eyes
- Benjamin Collison imagines what it might have looked like if Gandalf had gone bad.
- Could They Beat-Up China Miéville?
- Pacific Rim Honest Trailer
- Time travel back to 1977 for a look at artist Gordon Archer’s contribution to Who-related cereal promotional items. We need a new Gallifreyan-oriented cereal promotion worldwide!
More Fun Stuff
- Bill Gates and Cthulhu are both quite powerful, but could they beat up China Miéville?
- CinemaSins has posted Everything Wrong with Paranormal Activity. One should still keep in mind that this movie had a production budget less than many new cars and a return in the billions.
- Neil Gaiman’s Wayward Manor has a new trailer
- GoneReading – Gifts for Readers.
- Now You Can Get Cozy With These Star Trek: TNG Uniform Pajamas
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!