SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-11-28
Interviews & Profiles
- The Civilian Reader has a Q&A with Meg Howrey, one half of the “Magnus Flyte” writing team.
- Five top quotes from George RR Martin interviews
- George R.R. Martin fans will enjoy thiss 90-Minute interview at the Sydney Opera House
- Junot Díaz & Peter Sagal on Immigrants, Masculinity, Nerds, & Art
- My Bookish Ways offers an interview with Barry Lancet, author of Japantown.
- Neil Gaiman joins OnPoint to discuss his new series on the origins of Sandman, Overture.
- Neil Gaiman On How To Write Comics
- Of Blog interrogates Shaun Duke of The World in the Satin Bag
- Planet Of Books and Other Dreams: interview with Whovian Librarian Susan Jane Bigelow
- Richard Kadrey, the author of the Sandman Slim urban fantasy series, held a Reddit AMA this week.
- Steven Moffat Explains Billie Piper’s Role in the 50th
- Up Around the Corner has an interview with Book Reviewer Scott Poe
- Writing in the Internet era: A conversation with Sarah McCarry (aka The Rejectionist)
- FOUNDATION movie becomes a TV series!
- Short story writer, Ken Liu announces his first novel, The Chrysanthemum and the Dandelion
- Interstellaria – Explore a vast sandbox galaxy! Experience the spirit of old school space games with modern mechanics in this video game. The premise of Interstellaria is to boldy go out into the universe with your crew and discover strange new worlds and make exciting discoveries!
- Windforge – CONTRA meets MINECRAFT in a building-block RPG! Explore an ever-changing steampunk world featuring Airships & Sky Whales!
- 10 Key Terms That Will Help You Appreciate Fantasy Literature
- 25 Defining Moments From Doctor Who’s 50-Year History
- 25 Reasons I’m Not a Writer — My Tribute to NaNoWriMo’ers
- All I want for Christmas is Science: Stuck for what to get the science lover in your life? Here are some recommendations from The Guardian.
- Amazon Editors’ 2013 Best Books of the Year: Comics & Graphic Novels
- Amazon Editors’ 2013 Best Books of the Year: Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Amazon Editors’ 2013 Best Books of the Year: Teen & Young Adult
- Asimov’s Laws of Longevity: The sci-fi legend on the downsides of living a long life.
- Could This App For Novelists Score You A Book Deal?
- Death, and Death in Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Doctor Who more likely to be black than female: Television historian James Chapman claims fans of hit show ‘would be outraged’ if woman played Doctor
- How the visual language of comics could have its roots in the ice age: Psychologist and comics obsessive Neil Cohn believes cartoons have a sophisticated language all their own and a heritage that goes back to cave art. Here he breaks it down
- The Leaky Pipeline: Where are the Women in Science Fiction?
- Legal Systems in Genre and Why No One Paid Attention to Them… Until Now
- Let’s abolish editors: Futurebook weighs in.
- A Political Comparison: Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch and Up Against It by MJ Locke
- Required Fantasy: A Top 10 List, according to Books Worth Reading
- Rob Kirby lists the 20 best minicomics and self-published comics of the year, plus another 10 honorable mentions and some graphic novels and anthologies.
- Seeing the Big Picture: When Paper is Better Than Digital
- Should We Teach Literature Students How To Analyze Texts Algorithmically?
- What Just Happened in Doctor Who? The always informative Alan Kistler gives us all the details about the 50th anniversary special, including how tiny details link to the past.
- When Real Life Honors Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Writers
- Writing Combat In Fantasy: Top Ten Tips
- You Don’t Need to Become a Better Writer
Science and Technology
- Arapahoe Library District Invests in Google Glass
- Good News: After a Zombie Attack, We’ll Have Enough Frozen Turkey for Thanksgiving
- Can we rewire our human distrust of robots that increasingly look like us?
- Why Gamers Can’t Stop Playing First-Person Shooters
More Fun Stuff
- Simply Amazing ‘Star Wars’ Wooden Bookcases
- What It’s Like To See Every Marvel Movie (For Fans and Non-Fans)
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!