The dreaded Holiday season, with its attendant joys and anxieties, seems to fall upon us earlier with each advancing year. Once again we hear the fretful murmurs that Science Fiction and Fantasy fans are notoriously difficult to buy presents for.
Fear not, for the venerable John E. O. Stevens, Fred Kiesche and Jeff Patterson have compiled hefty lists of fiction, non-fiction, art, and other sundry morsels suitable as gifts (or wish list items). Behold treasures, from the sublime to obscure, fit to sate the desires of nerds, fans, and aficionados of the fantastic, as well as the more adventurous mundanes.
Also: a remembrance of Doris Lessing, Fred gives his report from HonorCon, and the gentlemen chime in on the culture they have been consuming. As an extra holiday treat, not all the culture consumed is genre related!
- Doris Lessing: What it Means to be a Writer
- James Lasdun: On Reading Doris Lessing
- Weightless Books
- Heather Angel: Snow Monkeys!
- Nick Mamatas: Love Is the Law
- Molly Tanzer: A Pretty Mouth
- Franz Rottensteiner, The Science Fiction Book
- Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time
- James Gunn: Alternate Worlds
- Lester Del Rey: Fantastic Science Fiction Art, 1926-1954
- Ogre Designers Edition
- Stephen Baxter: The Xeelee Omnibus
- The London Stereoscopic Company
- Asgard Press
- Asimov’s Science Fiction: January 2014 issue
© 2013 SFSignal.com
Tell us what you think – leave us a voicemail!
Can’t see the widget above? That’s okay – just call 720-277-9082 or shoot us an email at: email@example.com