Interviews & Profiles
- A.C. Wise interviews E.M. Kaplan.
- The Civilian Reader interviews Alma Katsu, author of The Descent.
- Electric Velocipede interviews Lisa L. Hannett.
- Electric Velocipede interviews Katherine Mankiller.
- Electric Velocipede interviews Gillian Daniels.
- Electric Velocipede interviews Daniel Ausema.
- Mur Lafferty interviews Matt Lohr and Diane O’Bannon.
- My Bookish Ways chats with Susie Moloney, author of Things Withered
- The Qwillery interviews Timothy S. Johnston, author of The Furnace
- Slice of SciFi interviews Cast and Crew of The Tomorrow People.
Events & Event News
- As part of the Fantastic Fiction free reading series, Ellen Datlow and Matthew Kressel present Joe Hill (NOS4A2) & Ennis Drake (The Book of Cthulhu III) Wednesday January 15th, 7pm at KGB Bar in NYC.
- Blade Singer: A Fantasy Novel by Aaron de Orive and Martha Wells.
- Steampunk World: A multicultural steampunk fiction anthology by Steven Saus.
- 10 Lessons That We Hope 2013 Has Taught the Entertainment Industry
- Aaron Miles asks Are Good And Evil Outdated?
- Are we Moving Toward an Ebook Standard or just spinning our wheels?
- Bernard Cornwell, Author of “The Pagan Lord,” Muses on the Path to Christianity
- Bonnie Burton on In defense of The Star Wars Holiday Special.
- Curiosity Killed the Bookworm on Making the Magic of Shadowplay. [via Alexandre Maki]
- David Moody on Post-apocalyptic movie club: Lifeforce.
- Den of Geek looks back at The Top TV episodes of 2013
- Eleven Reasons Matt Smith Rocked as The Doctor
- The G on Favorite Reads of 2013.
- Geeks of Doom looks back at The Women of Doctor Who
- Genre versus Author Platform? Which Matters More? by C.S. Lakin
- How can Barnes & Noble compete in 2014 and beyond?
- The Huffington Post remembers Literature’s Most Dysfunctional Families
- John Matthews has a Christmas Blog Post.
- Linda Nagata on The “Vast” Method.
- Natalie on Favorite Reads of 2013.
- Polygon on How a love of tabletop D&D helps video game designers tell their stories.
- Self-publishing battle royale: Amazon vs. indie sales platforms
- Shelf Talks considers urban fantasies in They see dead people…sort of
- Ten Bold Predictions for Ebooks and Digital Publishing in 2014
- The Year I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Audiobooks
Science and Technology
- Gamers Are Not Only Athletes, But the Internet Has Changed the Definition of Sports
- NASA Astronauts Step Outside Space Station for 1st of 3 Holiday Spacewalks
- Futuristic City By Jjasso.
- Battle Lost Scifi Wallpaper.
- Fantasy Art Kerem Beyit Primal Halfling Counterattack.
- Painting a Storm Trooper.
- Fantasmagorik Dark V. Queen.
- Wallpaper: Batman.
- Take A Look at the All-New, All-Animal Marvel Universe. [via Alexandre Maki]
More Fun Stuff
- Christopher Lee Reads “The Nightmare Before Christmas”
- Ellen Datlow’s photos from KGB reading with Thomas F. Monteleone and Daniel José Older.
- Han Solo in Carbonite Door Decal.
- Mars Curiosity Rover Lego Model to Launch on New Year’s Day
- Read an excerpt of A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway at Tor.com.
- @WaterstonesOxfordSt is one of my favorite Twitter feeds.
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory re-cut as a horror film.