SF/F/H Link Post for 2013-12-27
Interviews & Profiles
- Author Terry W. Ervin II interviews C. Dean Andersson, author of Bloodsong!.
- Fantasy Book Addict interviews Becca Smith, author of Atlas
- In this 2001 address, Ray Bradbury offers writing advice to new authors.
- Suvudu interviews The Eye of Minds author James Dashner
- What Heroes Eat: Cooking the Books with Saladin Ahmed, author of Engraved on the Eye.
Events & Event News
- ChiZine Publications is offering 50% off all Ebook titles through January 1.
- Review: ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas special was everything fans dislike about the Moffat era
- The 10 Best Marvel Movie Casting Decisions (So Far)
- 10 Comic Book DEATHS That (Mostly) Still Matter
- 10 Totally Different TV Shows that Doctor Who Has Been Over the Years
- 10 Tricks For Writing Great Fight Scenes by Rayne Hall
- 12 Science Fiction And Fantasy Books To Look Forward To For January 2014
- All I Want For Christmas Is A Quentin Tarantino Science Fiction Film
- As New Services Track Habits, the E-Books Are Reading You
- The Best And Worst Things About The Sci-Fi Movies Of 2013
- Book Patrol proclaims undeath of the book
- BookRiot suggests 3 Steps to Reading Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
- Charlie Stross’ Over-Extended Metaphor for the day
- The Ever-Changing Role of Doctor Who’s Human Companions
- Everything You Need to Know About Ultron, Apocalypse, and Winter Soldier for the coming movies
- The Giant Freakin Robot looks back at The Eleventh Doctor’s Ten Best Moments
- Go From Zero to Well-Read in 100 Books
- How to Download Properly Formatted Fanfiction the Fun and Easy Way, in case there aren’t enough Furry mash-ups in your life.
- In defense of ‘The Star Wars Holiday Special’
- “In which I explain why I turned down a three-book New York print deal to self-publish“
- The law of diminishing returns on special effects, in which Jason Sanford complains about the length of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy.
- Living Algorithms: The Move towards Anti-Anthropocentrism in Gareth L. Powell’s The Recollection, Adam Roberts’ Stone, and M. John Harrison’s Empty Space Trilogy
- Mark Your Calendars: The Most Exciting Movies, TV, and Books Coming in 2014
- The Mind Doesn’t Matter, It’s the Body We Want: Identity and the Body in Dollhouse
- The Most Beautiful Space Stations in the Universe
- Not Some New Man: The Hidden Pattern Behind the Doctor’s Regenerations
- Observation Deck debates: Doctor Who: Old Vs. New
- The Of Blog names its choices for The Five Most Disappointing Releases of 2013.
- The Of Blog names its choices for the best Graphic Novels and Debut Novels of 2013.
- Opening Lines Gail Carriger Loves
- Three Ways Authors Write in Excess (And How To Cut Back)
- Why Rose Tyler Is the Best Companion
- What We Want From The Flash TV Series
Science and Technology
- Exoplanets: Examining Them for Science and Science Fiction
- The Most Amazing Science Stories Of 2013
- SF and Nonsense: Looking both ways before we cross into 2014
More Fun Stuff
- Fill Your New mobile device with Free eBooks, Movies, Audio Books, & More
- Listen to A Tribute To Buffy The Vampire Slayer with Neil Gaiman, Rhianna Pratchett, Anthony Head And Joss Whedon to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the UK broadcast ten years ago.
- Now Is The Time To Listen to Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere Anywhere
- Read J. R. R. Tolkien’s “Letter From Father Christmas” To His Young Children
- Read the Christmas short story “Angel’s Song” by Kim Harrison over at the author’s blog.
- Read the Christmas short story “Santa Claus Is Coming to Get You!” by Kevin J. Anderson.
- Watch the Making-Of Featurette For Doctor Who: The Time of The Doctor
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!