Juliana Rew has a new anthology out. It’s called Redshifted: Martian Stories.
Here’s the book description:
Mars! Dreaming of exploring the Red Planet?
You know you want to go, and Mars has rarely been closer. Patch up that old spacesuit, stick out your thumb, and hitch a ride with thirteen talented speculative fiction writers, collected here in “Redshifted: Martian Stories,” from Third Flatiron Publishing.
Third Flatiron Anthologies presents “Redshifted: Martian Stories,” a collection of new speculative fiction by rising and established authors. Contributors include Maureen Bowden, Lela E. Buis, Martin Clark, Jaimie M. Engle, Jeff Hewitt, Neil James Hudson, Jason Lairamore, Vince Liberato, Michael McGlade, Kara Race-Moore, Ian Rose, Chuck Rothman, and Robina Williams.
Look for your sign as an astrologer casts a Martian colony’s horoscope, the Roman god decides war’s not in his stars, and a tycoon finds his way back to Barsoom. Cheer as a clockwork man takes his girl on the trip of a lifetime, a Martian bride refuses to miss her wedding, and Man’s Best Friend turns out to be a giant roach. Shadow a being who’s “just here to help,” and another who’s just here to hurt. Shiver as murderous antibodies attack an expedition, and a workfare crew struggles to dispose of hazardous junk from space. And of course, get a good laugh as you peruse the Want Ads and check your MarsMail.
And here’s the table of contents…
- “Eurydice in Capricorn” by Neil James Hudson
- “Make Carrots, Not War” by Maureen Bowden
- “Colorblind on the Red Planet” by Vince Liberato
- “The Journal of Miss Emily Carlton” by Lela E. Buis
- “The Canary and the Roach” by Ian Rose
- “For Sale: One Red Planet” by Jeff Hewitt
- “Cadaver” by Robina Williams
- “No Ravens on Mars” by Martin Clark
- “The FALCON” by Jaimie M. Engle
- “First Step” by Jason Lairamore
- “MarsMail” by Michael McGlade
- “And a Pebble in Her Shoe” by Kara Race-Moore
- “The Read Planet” by Chuck Rothman