Table of Contents: THE CLOCK STRUCK NONE by Lou Antonelli
Here’s the book description:
A collection of alternate and secret history short stories.
From airships lost between universes, to golems winning the fight against racism, Lou Antonelli explains the many ways the world might have been. Dip into this collection of previously-published tales, and you’ll experience:
- Where technology suppresses magic in an apartheid-like state.
- Ancient civilizations that succumb to their own nuclear holocausts.
- Alternate worlds in which Christianity is just one of many minor Earth-bound religions, and others where it rules and spans outer space.
- How the America’s westward expansion would have happened if the New Madrid earthquake had allowed the North American inland sea to reform.
Here you’ll find Antonelli’s version of Brigadoon, and of the sinking of the Titanic and the Carpathia. You’ll visit alternate realities that have been hiding Neanderthals, and pick up the lost Kodak snapshots of what might have been. With cameo appearances by O. Henry, Robert E. Howard, and Rod Serling, join this wild ride and delve into demonic possession, immortality, and the infinite variety of other worlds.
Including the 2013 Sidewise Award for Alternate History finalist short story “Great White Ship”.
Lou Antonelli is a modern speculative fiction author with classic sensibilities, honed by a long career as a newspaperman.
Here’s the table of contents…
- “Great White Ship”
- “Hearts Made of Stone”
- “The Centurion and the Rainman”
- “Meet Me at the Grassy Knoll”
- “After Image”
- “Double Exposure”
- “Across the Plains”
- “The Relic”
- “Damascus Interrupted”
- “Twilight on the Finger Lakes”
- “The Goddess of Bleecker Street”
- “The Starship Theodora”
- “The Dragon’s Black Box”
- “Tell Gilgamesh I’m Sorry”
- “Re-Opening Night”
- “The Hideaway”
- “Airy Chick”
- “Pirates of the Ozarks”
- “Barsoom Billy”
- “Ladybug, Ladybug”
- “Black Hats and Blackberrys”
- “Mak Siccar”
- “The Quantum Gunman”
- “Encounter in Camelot”
- “My Ugly Little Self”
- “The Amerikaan Way”
- “Wet and Wild”
Book info as per Amazon US:
- Paperback: 274 pages
- Publisher: Fantastic Books (February 14, 2014)
- ISBN-10: 1617209449
- ISBN-13: 978-1617209444
Filed under: Books
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!