GIVEAWAY (Worldwide): Win a Copy of Philip K. Dick and Kitschie Award-Nominated A CALCULATED LIFE by Anne Charnock
Courtesy of the publisher 47North, SF Signal has 2 copies of Anne Charnock’s Philip K. Dick and Kitschie Award-Nominated novel A Calculated Life to give away to 2 lucky SF Signal readers!
Here’s whet the book is about
Late in the twenty-first century, big business is booming and state institutions are thriving thanks to advances in genetic engineering, which have produced a compliant population free of addictions. Violent crime is a rarity.
Hyper-intelligent Jayna is a star performer at top predictive agency Mayhew McCline, where she forecasts economic and social trends. A brilliant mathematical modeler, she far outshines her co-workers, often correcting their work on the quiet. Her latest coup: finding a link between northeasterly winds and violent crime.
When a string of events contradicts her forecasts, Jayna suspects she needs more data and better intuition. She needs direct interactions with the rest of society. Bravely—and naively—she sets out to disrupt her strict routine and stumbles unwittingly into a world where her IQ is increasingly irrelevant…a place where human relationships and the complexity of life are difficult for her to decode. And as she experiments with taking risks, she crosses the line into corporate intrigue and disloyalty.
Can Jayna confront the question of what it means to live a “normal” life? Or has the possibility of a “normal” life already been eclipsed for everyone?
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘A Calculated Life‘
- Pick one of the following delivery mechanisms:
- If you prefer a physical copy of the book, please provide your mailing address in the email so the books can be mailed as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Optionally, you may receive an electronic copy of the book via the Net Galley system. If so, say “Net Galley” in the email.
- Or, for US or UK readers only, you may receive a copy of the book sent directly to your Amazon Kindle. If so, say “Send to Kindle” in the email and include your kindle’s email address.
- Geographic restrictions: None! This giveaway is open to everyone, everywhere. Thanks, Anne and 47North!
- The giveaway will end Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.
Filed under: Contest
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!