Interviews & Profiles
- AllSorts has a Book Birthday Interview with Laura Lam for Shadowplay [via Alexandre Maki]
- Book Riot interviews Neil Gaiman [Audio]
- SFF World has an interview with Evelyn Ink, author of the young adult fantasy Ill-fated.
- Suvudu interviews Jason Colavito about his book Cthulhu in World Mythology [via Alexandre Maki]
- Sweet Freedom has posted a scan of an interview with Cele Goldsmith, who edited the magazines Fantastic and Amazing from 1959-1965.
Events & Event News
- Dagan Books is holding a January E-Book Sale! Buy One, Get One Free.
- Kevin Hearne is holding a Mugshot Contest!
- Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix Sacramento Event Information [via Alexandre Maki]
- Laura Anne Gilman Convention Sighting Update: January [via Alexandre Maki]
- The Grey People – a 5000 word Bronze Age horror story in the HP Lovecraft vein. If funded, it will be released free online with a CC license.
- A scientific adventure into the depths of human engineering – The year is 2100, world war has broken out with the wealthy making a mass exodus off the planet. What’s left for the remaining?
- 5 Storytelling Lessons You Can Learn From the Films of 2013
- The 10 Best Sci-Fi Movies—As Chosen By Scientists [via Alexandre Maki]
- Buy, Read, Talk: How to Help a Writer’s Career
- Charlie Stross discusses Genre award awareness
- Concatenation names its choices for the Best Books and Best Films of 2013
- Countdown to Disney Frozen: How one simple suggestion broke the ice on the “Snow Queen” ‘s decades-long story problems
- Cultural Lessons of 2013: Thor is the new Superman
- Games Of Thrones And Walking Dead: Turning Great TV Into Interactive Stories
- How To Find Great Stories, With Little Hassle
- I’m Still Not Over… how Ginny was mangled in ‘Harry Potter’ films
- Kameron Hurley: Making Excuses for Science Fiction
- Mark Lawrence discusses “What I owe to Dungeons & Dragons“
- Mark Niemann-Ross asks Who Reads Science Fiction? Only us deviants.
- Mini debut author lesson: So much paper in a contract [via Alexandre Maki]
- N.K. Jemisin shares her Favorite Reads of 2013
- Neil Gaiman on How I cope with the social media cravings…
- Should We Teach Literature Students How To Analyze Texts Algorithmically?
- This high-tech Texas Library Offers Glimpse of Bookless Future.
- The Top 10 Library Stories of 2013: For libraries, 2013 was an eventful year. PW takes a look back at the top 10 library stories of the year, and a look ahead to what might be on the horizon in 2014.
- Upcoming4 uncovers the Story Behind Cemetery Girl by Charlaine Harris
- What Are Grown-Ups Afraid of in YA Books? [via Alexandre Maki]
- A Writer’s 10 New Year’s Commandments.
- The Year in Chinese Science—And Science Fiction [via Alexandre Maki]
- The covers for the Japanese editions of Game of Thrones [via Alexandre Maki]
- Ready Player One by SharksDen [via Alexandre Maki]
More Fun Stuff
- The death of the universe by Renée Hlozek [via Alexandre Maki]
- Indian Trail councilman tenders resignation – in Klingon [via Alexandre Maki]
- Sherlock Spoils Everything by Leigh Lahav [via Alexandre Maki]
- Suvudu on Five Amazing Historical Steampunk Inventions
- Watch the Book Trailer for Scintillate, The Light Key Trilogy #1 by Tracy Clark