Interviews & Profiles
- Angry Robot Podcast interviews with Andy Remic, author of The Iron Wolves [via Alexandre Maki]
- Carolina Book Beat interviews fantasy translator Matt Ross
- Carolina Book Beat talked to Jason Mott about his debut novel, coming soon to TV from Brad Pitt’s production company, The Returned
- Ginger Nuts of Horror chats with Of A Feather author Ken Goldman
- Ronald D. Moore discusses his new sci-fi series Helix.
- Meet The Writer Interview: Barcelona Shadows author Marc Pastor
- My Bookish Ways talks with Drew Chapman about his debut novel, The Ascendant
- Publishers Weekly has a brief Q&A with Karen Foxlee, author of Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy
- Suvudu has posted an interview conducted with Peter Clines, author of Ex-Purgatory, at SDCC.
- Zack Smith did a short interview with William Shatner for a local paper.
- Lasso of Truth by Carson Kreitzer – Marin Theatre Company is proud to present Lasso of Truth directed by Jasson Minadakis. A New play about the creator of Wonder Woman.
- Legends of the Dragonrealm – From the NY Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of The Legend of Huma, World of Warcraft: Stormrage & more comes a new saga in his own Dragonrealm world!
- Review: Allegiant by Veronica Roth reviewed by The Guardian
- 25 Damned Dirty Lies About Publishing, By Delilah S. Dawson [via Alexandre Maki]
- Alex Bledsoe considers Tropology: Heroes and Girlfriends
- Angry Robot names its readers’ choices for Best Books of 2013.
- Elysium: is it Sci-fi or closer to reality?
- Fantasy Faction traces the genealogy of the genre in Classic Female Fantasy Writers
- Is Self-Publishing A Question of Quantity vs. Quality?
- Jenna Black on writing a full novel after having sold it on proposal
- Meet the secret foundation that contains the world’s paranormal artifacts [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Only the Best names its picks for the Top Ten New Releases of 2013
- Packin’ Up the Terra Plantation: When disaster strikes, science fiction tells us that we will be able to evacuate the Earth and head off towards greener pastures. But what would it take to do this, and would it really be feasible?
- Science fiction review round-up from The Guardian.
- SciFi Or Reality? Watson Supercomputer Gets Its Own Business
- So I’m reading a just-released post-apocalyptic book that I suspect some SF fans will crap upon
- Stellar Four suggests this Winter Vacation Reading List
- Top 10 Fantasy Writing Tips From ‘Game Of Thrones’ Author George R.R. Martin [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Tor Books offers Top Tips For Getting Published [via Alexandre Maki]
- What Aspects of Pop Culture Will Age Badly?
- When Modernism Met Science Fiction: Three New Wave Classics
- Why is Hild buried at Glastonbury?
- Why You Should Upload Yourself to a Supercomputer
- How a Science Fiction Book Cover Became a $5.7 Million Painting
- How to Understand Why an Awesome Book Cover Became Expensive Fine Art
- Stunning Star Trek Into Darkness concept art shows starships at war
More Fun Stuff
- Behind the Magic: Journey to the Red Planet for Star Trek Into Darkness
- Behind the Magic: The Visual Effects of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Cover reveal and excerpt: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
- Henry Evans and Chad Jenkins: Meet the robots for humanity [via Alexandre Maki]
- At CES 2014, Phones morph into stun guns and tricorders [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Read an excerpt from Persephone: Goddess of the Not So Undead by Regan Wolfrom
- These New Game of Thrones Toys Suspect Treachery Most Foul [via Alexandre Maki]