SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-01-20
Interviews & Profiles
- The Dead Robots’ Society chats with New York Times Bestselling Author Scott Sigler.
- Joe Haldeman of Work Done for Hire, explains Why the Future of War Will Be Even Bloodier.
- The Qwillery has an interview with Rachel Cantor, author of A Highly Unlikely Scenario or, a Neetsa Pizza Employee’s Guide to Saving the World [via Alexandre Maki]
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for Promise of Blood author Brian McClellan.
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for Throne Of The Crescent Moon author Saladin Ahmed
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for The Skybound Sea author Sam Sykes.
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for The Riyria Chronicles author Michael J. Sullivan.
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for God’s War author Kameron Hurley.
- Reddit is holding a Confusion AMA for The Cole Protocol author Tobias S. Buckell.
- Women Destroy Science Fiction! by Lightspeed Magazine.
- Icarus: A Graphic Novel by Silence in the Library Publishing.
- Fantasy novels dominated children’s reading in 2013 [via Andrew Porter]
- Honor Harrington Preparing For Multi-Platform Invasion
Events & Event News
- Gillian Anderson to co-write science fiction book series
- GoodReads is hosting a Q&A with Susan Dennard (of Something Strange and Deadly) Jan. 20-26
- Join Peter Orullian and friends for a full day of writing workshops!
- Science Fiction Author Jay Lake on Trial.
- Science Fiction Author on Trial (NIH trial, that is!) – Jay Lake, science fiction author and cancer fight blogger, is doing an NIH trial to save his life, and for science. He need support expenses for this cross-country trial and tribulation.
- The Weapon Bearer – New Fantasy Novel by Aaron Thomas, The Weapon Bearer is a coming of age story featuring Magic, Betrayal, and Epic battle for Humanity.
- Unidentified Funny Objects 3 – Annual Anthology of Humor SFF by Alex Shvartsman.
- Review: Carl V. Anderson reviews Fortunately, The Milk by Neil Gaiman
- Review: I Origins Is the Best “Science vs. Faith” Film Since Contact
- 10 Gothic Short Stories You Can Read Online Right Now
- The 13 Nerdy Things We Most Look Forward to in 2014
- Alan Moore Might be Insane Now
- Can men write good heroines? From The Little Mermaid and Anna Karenina to Holly Golightly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Samantha Ellis examines the heroines written by men
- Character Perception vs. Narrative Perception with Nancy Fulda
- The DOs and DO NOTs of getting your book reviewed
- Fantasy Movies & Games Encouraging Children To Read
- Five Common Mistakes Writing Fantasy Flash Fiction
- How Has Sci-fi Done In The Oscar Nominations?
- How I Love Books and Why I Re-Read
- How to power a starship with an artificial black hole
- Hugh Howey discusses Defying the Odds (And the Naysayers)
- Kindle Post US on In a World of Lists… [via Alexandre Maki]
- Neil Gaiman on Secrets, a quiet life, and several random books by other people.
- Should we start de-extincting species that have died out? If so, do we really need the Raptors?
- Stina Leicht considers the issues of Art vs. the Artist
- Why Expanded Universes Are Important
- Who’s going to replace Steven Moffat as Doctor Who showrunner?
- X-Men 101: Everything You Should Know About Bishop, the Mutant Time Cop
- Game of Thrones Propaganda: Stick ‘Em with the Pointy End!
- This Handmade Map of Westeros is a jaw-dropping stitch-punk style tapestry.
- Here’s a gallery of Frank Frazetta Fantasy Cover Art
- I’m not saying it was aliens but…
- Oh, nothin’, just some Doctor Who fan art… by Peter Capaldi
- These Game of Thrones Amigurumi will help the time pass until the Season 4 premiere.
More Fun Stuff
- Check out the Japanese covers for A Song of Fire and Ice at the Geek Art Gallery.
- An excerpt from Star Wars: Maul Lockdown by Joe Schreiber is now on Scribd.
- An excerpt from Transformers: Retribution by David Williams and Mark Williams is now on Scribd.
- Cover reveal for The Black North by Nigel McDowell [via Alexandre Maki]
- Here’s an excerpt from The Borribles by Michael de Larabeitti. [via Alexandre Maki]
- In 2013, Astronaut Chris Hadfield performed “Space Oddity” in Space.
- Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist offers this excerpt from Empress Of The Sun by Ian McDonald
- A second trailer for Maleficent has hit the web, and it looks promising.
- Things You Do In Video Games That’d Be Creepy If You Did Them In Real Life
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!