To promote the kickstarter for Unidentified Funny Objects 3, editor Alex Shvartsman is giving away a copy of Unidentified Funny Objects and Unidentified Funny Objects 2 to one lucky SF Signal reader!
In case you aren’t already familiar with this annual sunorius sf series, read on…
Unidentified Funny Objects is a collection of humorous science fiction and fantasy. Packed with laughs, it has 29 stories ranging from lighthearted whimsy to the wild and zany.
Inside you will find a zombear, tweeting aliens, down-on-their-luck vampires, time twisting belly dancers, moon Nazis, stoned computers, omnivorous sex-maniac pandas, and a spell-casting Albert Einstein.
WARNING: Some stories contain R-rated content and are inappropriate for minors, nuns, and anyone who lacks a sense of humor.
Includes the following stories:
- “El and Al vs. Himmler’s Horrendous Horde from Hell” by Mike Resnick
- “The Alchemist’s Children” by Nathaniel Lee
- “Moon Landing” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Fight Finale from the Near Future” by James Beamon
- “Love Thy Neighbors” by Ken Liu
- “The Alien Invasion As Seen In The Twitter Stream of @dweebless” by Jake Kerr
- “Dreaming Harry” by Stephanie Burgis
- “The Last Dragon Slayer” by Chuck Rothman
- “The Real Thing” by Don Sakers
- “2001 Revisited via 1969? by Bruce Golden
- “The Working Stiff” by Matt Mikalatos
- “Temporal Shimmies” by Jennifer Pelland
- “One-Hand Tantra” by Ferrett Steinmetz
- “Of Mat and Math” by Anatoly Belilovsky
- “Timber!” by Scott Almes
- “Go Karts of the Gods” by Michael Kurland
- “No Silver Lining” by Zach Shephard
- “If You Act Now” by Sergey Lukyanenko
- “My Kingdom for a Horse” by Stephen D. Rogers
- “First Date” by Jamie Lackey
- “All I Want for Christmas” by Siobhan Gallagher
- “Venus of Willendorf” by Deborah Walker
- “An Unchanted Sword” by Jeff Stehman
- “The Day They Repossessed my Zombies” by K.G. Jewell
- “The Fifty One Suitors of Princess Jamatpie” by Leah Cypess
- “The Secret Life of Sleeping Beauty” by Charity Tahmaseb
- “The Velveteen Golem” by David Sklar
- “The Worm’s Eye View” by Jody Lynn Nye
- “Cake from Mars” by Marko Kloos
UFO2 is the second annual collection of humorous science fiction and fantasy short stories. Inside you’ll find: – A golem on an interstellar cruise ship – Dragon-taunting for fun and profit – Time travel gone really wrong – Cubicle farm wizardry – Alien behemoths in Central Park.
Includes the following stories:
- “The MSG Golem” by Ken Liu
- “Service Charge” by Esther Friesner
- “Item Not as Described” by J.W. Alden
- “Stranger vs. the Malevolent Malignancy” by Jim C. Hines
- “How to Feed Your Pyrokinetic Toddler” by Fran Wilde
- “A Stiff Bargain” by Matt Mikalatos
- “The Girl with the Dagon Tattoo” by Josh Vogt
- “Improved Cubicle Door” by M.C.A. Hogarth
- “On Safari” by Mike Resnick
- “How You Ruined Everything” by Konstantine Paradias
- “Insider Information” by Jody Lynn Nye
- “The Haunted Blender” by K.G. Jewell
- “The Retgun” by Tim Pratt
- “The Diplomat’s Holiday” by Heather Lindsley
- “Congratulations on Your Apotheosis” by Michelle Ann King
- “One Thing Leads to Your Mother” by Desmond Warzel
- “Class Action Orc” by James Beamon
- “The Wiggy Turpin Affair” by Wade Albert White
- “Hannibal’s Elephants” by Robert Silverberg
Here’s how you can enter for a chance to win:
- Send an email to contest at sfsignal dot com. (That’s us).
- In the subject line, enter ‘UFO Prize Pack‘
- In the email, please provide your mailing address so the books can be mailed as soon as possible. (The winning address is used only to mail the prize. All other address info will be purged once the giveaway ends.)
- Geographic restrictions: This giveaway is open only to residents of the U.S. and Canada
- The giveaway will end Wednesday, January 29th, 2013 (9:00 PM U.S. Central time). The winners will be selected at random, notified, and announced shortly thereafter.
And be sure to check out the kickstarter for Unidentified Funny Objects 3!