SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-02-06
Interviews & Profiles
- 52 Book Reviews interview with M.L. Brennan, author of Iron Night
- Amazing Stories interviews Clarkesworld Magazine Editor-in-Chief Neil Clarke
- AudioBookaneers welcomes author Ellen Kushner for a chat about her Riverside Scholars, Swordsmen, and Neil Gaiman Presents. Kushner is the author of three novels in the Riverside world: Swordspoint, The Privilege of the Sword, and The Fall of the Kings, all of them in audio thanks to the wonderful Neil Gaiman Presents.
- Book of Apex Tour: AC Wise chats about her story “My Body, Her Canvas” with My Bookish Ways.
- Doctor Who’s Colin Baker: I’d change sex to be the first female Doctor
- Giant Monster Renaissance Man: An interview with J.M. Martin of the Kaiju Rising anthology.
- The Little Red Reviewer interviews Michael Pevzner, author of “Faithful City”
- The Sword and Laser holds a Google Hangout with Gregory Wilson
- Trevor Hogg chats with Will Reichelt of the Walking With Dinosaurs documentary series about the visual effects needed to bring extinct species back to life…
- Adobe has Killed e-Readers: Adobe has issued a proclamation that starting in July, the vast majority of e-reader apps and hardware devices will not be able to read purchased eBooks.
- Bring The Skiffy and Fanty Show and the World SF Tour to Worldcon in London!
- She Makes Comics – Sequart, the folks behind Grant Morrison: Talking with Gods and Warren Ellis: Captured Ghosts, has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund a film celebrating female comics creators and fans. A documentary film about the untold history of women in comic books, celebrating female creators and fans alike.
- Streets of Shadows – A new fiction anthology combining noir crime and urban fantasy. Life on the streets was tough…before things started getting weird.
- Review: Bookworm Blues reviews The Emperor’s Blades by Brian Staveley
- 4 Comic Book Fan Theories Way Cooler Than the Comic Book
- 5 More Things Rowling Should Regret About Potter
- 7 Top eBook Blog Tour Sites chosen by The Book Designer
- 13 Books to Read Now That ‘American Horror Story: Coven’ Has a New Supreme
- Adam Roberts reflects on the accomplishments of Iain Banks, our generation’s only utopian writer
- Almost Human is at its best when it focuses on its robots
- Allen Steele on V-S Day: My Book, My Movie.
- Amazon’s latest page-turner: book publishing: Amazon is now embarked on a wide-ranging venture that seeks to alter the book-publishing end of the business. Company officials see it as an experiment where they can tinker with new ways to connect authors and readers.
- Forget the Super Bowl. We have sci-fi’s 19 best fake commercials
- Is This the End of the Worlds?: “Fewer authors are proving up to the hard task of creating fantasy worlds in literature that become cultural touchstones. Virtually all of the most beloved and detailed fantasy worlds [...] are decades old.”
- Kindle Daily Post points the way to Underrated SF&F.
- Michael M. Hughes suggest Five Novels of The Supernatural You Must Read
- Next Big Movie Franchise Part V: Casting Harry Dresden
- Overcoming Object Love: How to Write Female Leads Who Are People
- Paul S. Kemp On masculine stories, owing only yourself, and not giving a damn.
- Science fiction films ‘lack new ideas’ [via Paul Di Filippo]
- Steve Sailer looks back at the 1978 sci-fi novel, The Third World War: August 1985
- What if your books could read you? Hannu Rajaniemi explores the next step in literary evolution
- Will there ever be a successful “Netflix for Books?”
- A Visit to BiblioTech: The 21st Century All-Digital Library
- We Need To Get the Damn Werewolves Out of the Library
- William Shakespeare and Star Wars Meet Again in Ian Doescher’s The Empire Striketh Back
- You can’t avoid your problems if your problems are killer werewolves
- Companion Cube Mini Cakes, Robot Love Cookies, and Star Trek Cookies for Valentines.
- If NFL teams had Star Wars-themed team logos, a lot more geeks would watch football.
- “Mona Targaryen” by MadMouse Design
- “The Saddest Khajiit” by DarrenGeers re-imagines the Dragonborn as Puss-in-Boots.
- Which Villain Has The Best Hideout?
More Fun Stuff
- Check Out The Latest Game Of Thrones Season 4 Behind The Scenes Production Video
- Everything Wrong With Robocop In 7 Minutes Or Less by CinemaSins
- Heartwarming ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Lord of the Rings’ Valentine’s Day Cards Illustrated by PJ McQuade
- Here’s a chart that explains time travel in Lauren Beukes’ The Shining Girls
- How The Phantom Menace Should Have Ended by How It Should Have Ended
- NASA is creating the coldest spot in the universe
- Patrick Stewart performs a somber monologue as China’s dying moon rover
- Sherlock Star Benedict Cumberbatch Visits Sesame Street
- Smash asteroids and aid cancer research with Genes in Space game
- What would the Earth be like if it was the shape of a donut?
- Would you like to make Settlers of Catan more difficult?
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!