SF/F/H Link Post for 2014-02-07
Interviews & Profiles
- Clark Gregg discusses Agent Coulson’s arc and his relationship with Skye at Marvel HQ.
- Drew Z. Greenberg on Buffy, Firefly, and various other shows.
- In this interview with Boom Magazine, Kim Stanley Robinson discusses the relationship of California to the future. Robinson is an ecological thinker, and two of his books in particular, Pacific Edge and 2312 are both important works for thinking about a way out of our current situation.
- Lisa M. Collins interviews Paul Bishop, author of Fight Card: Swamp Walloper
- Meet Windblade: An Interview with fan fiction author Mairghread Scott
- My Bookish Ways interviews Rachel Neumeier, author of Black Dog
- Omnivoracious interviews young adult author Ann Aguirre, author of the best-selling Enclave trilogy, and Marissa Meyer, author of another highly addictive series, the Lunar Chronicles.
- The Qwillery interviews M.D. Waters, author of Archetype
- Reddit is currently holding an AMA for fantasy illustrator Marc Simonetti
- Ron Moore talks about Helix, Battlestar, and the fight for intelligent sci-fi!
- The Red Star: Christian Gossett’s Sci-Fi/Fantasy Epic Being Adapted for TV
- S&S Sci Fi, Fantasy Imprint Gets Name, Logo [via Paul Di Filippo]
Events & Event News
- Marie Brennan has posted a schedule for her book tour for The Tropic of Serpents.
- Mur Lafferty has posted a schedule of appearance that includes Shared Worlds and WorldCon.
- Ransom Riggs will appear February 18th at the 92nd Street Y, in New York City
- Portal: Secrets of Aperture – Webseries – From the creators of Portal: Survive! comes a cinematic journey through the dark and secretive legacy of Aperture Science.
- STILL : The Web Series – An unknown infection takes over a small Northwest town, SLOUGHTOWN, while a group of citizens attempt to escape to sanctuary.
- The 10 worst couples in literature: JK Rowling has said she regrets her decision to matchmake Ron and Hermione – we look at other fictional couples better off apart
- Adam Christopher: Five Things I Learned Writing Hang Wire
- All Oscar roads lead to Joss Whedon: Find out how all this year’s acting Oscar nominees can be traced back to Joss through two or three degrees of separation.
- Andrew Liptak on Jeff VanderMeer’s Annihilation: If pressed for an immediate impression of the book, and I’d come up with the word ‘dread’.
- Being a woman and writing dark fiction — it’s complicated (#SFWApro)
- Daniel Price: Five Things I Learned Writing The Flight Of The Silvers
- From Comics to Prose: Jerry Craft on Self-Publishing
- Geek Love: Man Of Steel, Fandom Of Kleenex
- I Was Weaned On Another Planet: How My Father’s Love of Science Fiction Made Me A Writer
- Jim Steranko on ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’: ‘Can Anyone Tell Who’s Doing What to Whom?’
- Mining the Genre Asteroid: Rite of Passage by Alexei Panshin
- The Most Famous Female Comic Book Character is a Franchise Flop
- On Audiobooks, or how I learned to let books immerse themselves in my life
- A Pay-As-You-Read Kindle Pricing Model For Amazon
- The Poe Code: The Secret Meaning of Person of Interest
- Procrastination (Or Why You Can’t Trust A Version Of You From The Future)
- Scott Westerfeld on Writing, Community, and the Alpha Workshop
- Six Great Blogs for Indie Authors
- Star Trek sex change: comic flips entire crew’s genders: Parallel Lines, says writer, ‘is very Star Trek in the way it invites an examination of deeper themes’
- Stellar Four on Must Not See TV.
- This cyborg mystery novel is what Intelligence could have been
- Why I Like Occult Detectives
- Why the self-publishing shit volcano isn’t going to stop erupting any time soon
- Women Destroying Science Fiction, a guest post by Robyn Lupo
- The Writer Who Beat The System: How One Woman Resurrected Her Sexy Vampire Brothers [Via]
- The Cycle of Reacting to Comic Book Movie Casting
- Ender’s Game concept art shows off the movie’s amazing creature design
- Legends walk among us in this Magic the Gathering: Born of the Gods art
- Please let this LEGO X-Men Mansion playset become a reality
More Fun Stuff
- Cover Reveal for James A Moore’s The Blasted Lands
- Cover reveal for Knight Assassin by Rima Jena
- Cover reveal for Tithe of the Saviours by A J Dalton
- Infographic from Sainsbury’s on slowing ebook growth
- Materials From Carl Sagan’s College Courses Now Available Online
- Read an excerpt from After The Fires Went Out: Veneration by Regan Wolfrom.
- Read an excerpt from Such Sweet Sorrow by Jenny Trout
- Read an excerpt from Three Princes by Ramona Wheeler at The Qwillery.
- Read an excerpt from Traitor’s Blade, the first book in Sebastian de Castell’s Greatcoats series
- Read the Foreword to The Gospel of Loki by Joanne M Harris
Filed under: Tidbits
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!